If building new Corvettes professionally is your dream job, keep reading!
We caught this “We’re Hiring!” advertisement from GM for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant who are adding temporary full-time production workers as the 2020 Corvette Stingray prepares to start retail production in February 2020.
The NCM says on facebook that the candidates for these positions will come from Bowling Green and surrounding areas, no degrees required, and the positions may provide a pathway for permanent employment. The starting pay is $16.67 per hour with opportunities ranging across multiple shifts. Those hired receive benefits after 90 days.
GM CEO Mary Barra announced in April that the Corvette plant would be adding 400 jobs and a second shift to handle the demand for the new mid-engine sports car.
Here’s the Help Wanted ad posted on Facebook:
We’re HIRING Production Workers to join the team at our Bowling Green, KY Assembly!
Production Team Members are responsible for assembly, machining, quality checks, tool changes, and problem solving of manufacturing processes and equipment. Must be able to function in a manufacturing team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles are highly integrated.
- This is a temporary full-time position working as a direct employee of General Motors.
- Candidates must be willing to work any shift.
- Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available with little notice.
- Some weekend shifts are to be expected.
- Starting wage is $16.67 per hour, with potential for growth. Holiday pay and health care options after 90 days.
- Current temporary employees may receive preference if regular full-time positions become available.
600 Corvette Dr, Bowling Green, KY 42101-9109, United States
[VIDEO] Mystery C8 Corvette Behind the Assembly Plant is Covered Up
Public Tours of the Corvette Assembly Plant Expected to Restart by Spring of 2020
Ex-Lordstown GM Workers Who Transferred to Bowling Green Prepare For More Downtime