- Follow Along as I Campaign a 1972 Corvette Convertible (Part 1)
- Preparing for Flight (Part 2)
- The NCRS Motor City Regional (Part 3)
- Survivor Day at Bloomington Gold (Part 4)
- Bloomington Gold Certification (Part 5)
- MCACN Triple Diamond (Part 6)
- The Gold Collection at Bloomington Gold (Part 7)
- The 2019 NCRS National Convention (Part 8)
- Chip’s Choice at Corvettes at Carlisle (Part 9)
Today’s episode is slightly different than previous ones, though. This time I’m not off to a show or prepping for more judging. My 1972 Corvette convertible recently went live on the Bring a Trailer auction site.
After a whirlwind (almost) 4 years combined with sitting at home for the last year and a half I’ve started considering that it may be time for a new Corvette adventure for me. Prior to purchasing my old blue car, I was hunting for a LT-1 convertible and I’m starting to get that familiar LT-1 itch again. As much as I’d like to keep this car and just acquire another one, the old bank account humbly disagrees with that methodology. So that means one must go before another one arrives. When you’ve got Corvette ADD like I do, difficult decisions must follow. Most of us have been here before as well.
So, IF the old blue car sells on BaT, I’ll begin the hunt for my next one. Sometimes the hunt can be even more fun than owning the actual car. In addition to a LT-1 or early C3, I’d love to find a nice B2K Callaway Aerobody, or maybe a nice small block C2. I’ve even been looking at 4-seat cars so I can cruise together with Mrs. Detroit Bureau and our 2 unpaid interns. Jumping in line for a C8 is on the potential list too. As you can see, my interests are all over the map right now.
The auction ends next Tuesday afternoon and if it doesn’t sell, that’s fine too. I’ve still got one stupendous Stingray and some great stories and new friendships to go along with it.
Bring A Trailer