C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
C7 Corvette Engineer Tadge Juechter has emphasized all along that everything on the new seventh-generation Stingray has a purpose – or it wouldn’t be there.
Same goes for the new Performance Data Recorder that just became available on the 2015 model.
While some might see the new high-definition camera that records what is going on in front of the Stingray as just an electronic play toy, you better believe that Juechter sees it as much more.
You apparently just missed out on your chance to own the first Corvette Stingray ever to produce 1,000whp – at what looked to be a bargain price.
Vengeance Racing – saying it needed to make room for a new project – had been offering a 2014 Corvette Stingray for sale on eBay that featured more than $45,000 worth of modifications. The bidding reached almost $72,000, without meeting reserve, before the auction apparently came to an end on Sept. 1. We’re assuming the car sold for an unknown price because the listing says the bidding has ended and the car is no longer available.
Sometimes the Corvette isn’t greener on the other side.
For example, consider how much you’d have to pay to enjoy the experience of driving a 2014 Chevrolet Corvette if you happened to live on the other side of the world – in China.
It was only back in July that we got our hands on the dealer prices for the 2015 Corvette Stingray and those prices showed the base Non-Z51 Coupe starting at $53,000 while the base Non-Z51 Convertible started at $58,000.
Now this may be old news to some, but we learned today that in early August Chevrolet quietly raised the MSRP of the 2015 Corvette Stingray’s four models by $1,000. The new starting manufacturer’s suggested retail price of the base Corvette Stingray Coupe is now $54,000 while the base Corvette Stingray Convertible will start at $59,000. The delivery charge of $995 is not included.
Those guys from Regular Car Reviews are back and this time they review the 2014 Corvette Stingray. There’s a lot to love in the new Stingray and during the video you will see a couple of instances where they are blown away by the new Corvette. But because the C7 Corvette has been “so hyped in every blog”, they decided to take a contrarian view at the end and point out all the faults of the C7, real or imagined.
This isn’t the first time we’ve showcased a Regular Car Reviews video and if you’ve seen one yet, you’re in for a treat. Here’s their videos for the 1979 C3 Corvette review and the 2008 C6 Corvette Review.
Be warned, some content may not be safe for a work environment.
The Corvette C7 represents America’s desire to be taken seriously in the eyes of Europe. This is nothing new. We’ve been doing it since Henry James Ex-Patted his way from coffee house to coffee house trying to capture the perfect Portrait of a Lady. The C7 goes off faster than I do when I refrain from TOUCHING MYSELF for a week. You can’t see out the back because the ass of the car is higher than your head. Plus, this car is so hyped in every blog…so we’ll see.
Visit CorvetteVideos.TV for the best selection of hand-picked Corvette videos.
Back in January at the North American International Auto Show, we noticed that Chevy had parked a 2015 Corvette Z06 in the new Shark Gray exterior parked next to a 2014 Corvette Stingray wearing Cyber Gray. Inside Cobo Hall, the difference between the two colors was obvious, but the real test would be how the colors will compare next to each other out in the sun.
Now that 2015 Corvettes are shipping, we’ve got a great comparison of the new 2015 Shark Gray exterior next to a 2014 Corvette Stingray wearing the now defunct Cyber Gray. To further the comparison, a 2015 Corvette Stingray in Blade Silver is also shown. The photos of the three Stingrays come from our good friends at Kerbeck Corvette in Atlantic City.
The latest sales report is out from General Motors and it shows Corvette sales remain strong as the 2014 model year comes to a close. During the month of August 2014, GM sold 2,679 Corvettes. The sales numbers for August now contains both 2014 and 2015 Corvette Stingrays which started production earlier in the month.
Comparing yearly sales to August 2013 which was still the outgoing 2013 C6 models, only 655 Corvettes were sold in August 2013 as opposed to the 2,679 Corvettes in August 2014 for a 309% increase.
The Ron Fellows Performance Driving School at Spring Mountain has been named the “Official Performance Driving School of the National Corvette Museum” and “Official Partner of the NCM Motorsports Park.”
The announcement came last week during the museum’s 20th Anniversary Celebration that also featured thousands of participants in the National Corvette Caravan.