The 24 Hours of Le Mans Is Postponed to September 19-20th


The 24 Hours of Le Mans Is Postponed to September 19-20th

Photo Credit: Richard Prince for Chevy Racing

The 24 Hours of Le Mans has been postponed until September 19-20, 2020 according to organizers who site the changing health situations related to the Coronavirus and the latest Government guidelines for fighting the pandemic.

As far as scheduling goes, Corvette Racing and the other IMSA WeatherTech racers that received an invite to Le Mans will be in action at Laguna Seca the weekend before (September 11-13), and then they will have to fly to France in order to take part of the various festivities and training sessions leading up to the race. As the Le Mans C8.Rs are spec’d to WEC regulations, we assume those two will be shipped by boat or air in time to take part in any pre-Le Mans practice sessions. The next race for the C8.Rs following Le Mans is Petit Le Mans October 7-10th and then the make-up date for Sebring comes in November 11-14.

Should everything work out with the Coronavirus and things get back to normal quickly, the team’s next race will be the six-hour affair at Watkins Glen at the end of June, six months after the C8.R first debuted at the Rolex 24 at Daytona in January.

The 24 Hours of Le Mans Is Postponed to September 19-20th

Pierre Fillon, President of the Automobile Club de l’Ouest said “Postponing the 24 Hours of Le Mans from the original dates in June is now the most appropriate way forward in the current exceptional circumstances. First and foremost, I urge everyone to avoid putting themselves, their loved ones and others at risk. The most important thing today is to curtail the spread of this virus. Our thoughts go out to medical staff working relentlessly for the sake of us all. The postponement of the 24 Hours of Le Mans means making changes to the WEC and ELMS calendars and we shall announce the new dates shortly. The safety and quality of our events will not be compromised. Competitors, sponsors, fans, media, medical services and organizers – it is time to pull together, more than ever before”

Fans who have already bought tickets can use them on 19–20 September (no exchange required) or will be able to request a refund by using this form.


[VIDEO] Mobil 1 The Grid: Developing the Corvette C8.R at Sebring
The Twelve Hours of Sebring is Postponed To November Over Coronavirus, Travel Ban
Corvette Racing Receives Invitations to Race the C8.R at the 24 Hours of Le Mans



  1. No problem. Let’s add GTLM to IMSA’s Detroit Grand Prix at Belle Isle! It’s a win-win for everyone and we get to see the C8R in GM’S backyard. What will it take to get this done?

Comments are closed.