On display at the 2014 North American Auto Show, this 2015 Corvette Z06 that we thought was Cyber Gray turns out to be a new color for 2015. It wasn’t something that jumped out at us until this morning when the show cars were repositioned and the new 2015 Z06 was side-by-side with a 2014 Cyber Gray Corvette Stingray.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
Silverado named North American Truck of the Year
For the first time since 2007, General Motors has won both the car and truck of the year awards at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
It was a clean sweep for Chevrolet as the new Stingray was named Car of the Year while the new Silverado was chosen Truck of the Year.
Z06. One letter and two numbers that symbolize a higher level of Corvette performance.
Fifty-one years after the first Z06 Corvette was born, the option package lives on with the 2015 Corvette. Over the years there’s been an RPO Z06 in 4 of the 7 Corvette generations. Click past the jump to take a look at the significance of the Z06 moniker – past and present.
This morning the all new Corvette C7.R race car was introduced to the public alongside the street version of the 2015 Corvette Z06 at the 2014 North American International Auto Show.
A new era of Corvette performance was introduced this morning at the 2014 North American International Auto Show. The 2015 Corvette Z06 finally broke cover and made its public debut in front of eager automotive journalists while thousands of Corvette enthusiasts watched the unveiling live online.
This isn’t just another Corvette from Chevrolet. This is a world-class supercar with a race proven aerodynamic design and advanced technologies that makes it the most track-capable Corvette in history.
The 2014 Corvette Stingray is one of the 3 finalists for the highly touted 2014 North American Car of the Year Award (NACOTY). It’s joined in the final round of voting by the Mazda3 and its GM sibling, the Cadillac CTS.
GM teases the debut of the Corvette Z06 with this picture from the Cobo Center:
Mike Rezich works on the stage floor as the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 sits covered Saturday, January 11, 2014, in preparation for its world debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan. The Z06 will be unveiled during media preview day on Monday. The show is open to the public on Saturday, January 18. (Photo by John F. Martin for Chevrolet)
Watch the reveal of the 2015 Corvette Z06 and the all-new C7.R racecar live from the 2014 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The video live-stream begins at 9:30 am ET with a “special event” and then the reveal of the two new Corvettes happens at the Chevrolet press conference at 10:00 am ET.
Despite Chevrolet’s best attempts to keep the lid on the 2015 Corvette Z06 until the official reveal on Monday morning at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show, the cat is now out of the bag after a Jalopnik reader goes sleuthing for the images and finds them courtesy of a Google image search on another automotive news site.
GM was forced to idle several production facilities on Wednesday including the Corvette Assembly Plant. The plant shutdown was due to the extreme winter weather in much of the country which has delayed the delivery of essential parts to the Bowling Green facility.