The annual Essen Motor Show is the place where Germany’s manufacturers and finest tuning specialists display their hottest and sometimes most outrageous creations in a festive atmosphere—think SEMA Show with a German accent. This year, however, an American supercar, the Hennessey C7 HPE700, elbowed its way onto the show floor amongst the sea of hyper-tuned Audis, BMWs, and ‘Benzes to stake Hennessey’s claim as a tuner worthy of worldwide recognition.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
This Velocity Yellow Corvette Stingray must have been traveling at a high velocity to experience the kind of damage we are looking at from these pictures that were recently posted on reddit.
Photo Credit: NCM Insurance Agency
Chevrolet dealer and NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick was at the National Corvette Museum on Tuesday to take delivery of two new 2015 Corvette Z06s. The two Corvette Z06s were VIN 001 and VIN 003 and not only does Rick take delivery of the first Corvette Z06, his Corvette Z06 is also the first Z06 to be delivered to a customer, courtesy of the R8C Museum Delivery Program.
Check out this Corvette Stingray owner who gives his car a bit too much throttle while trying to impress the M3 owner next to him. When the light goes green he nearly crashes…:
I’m all for engine revs and ‘brisk’ but controlled accelerations, but if you can’t handle your vehicle, don’t get behind the wheel.
Visit CorvetteVideos.TV for the best selection of hand-picked Corvette videos.
If one of your resolutions for 2014 was to get a new Corvette Stingray coupe this year, you’d better get cracking — 2015 is just around the corner. As usual, you can depend on our friends at the National Corvette Museum to help you with your dilemma.
In addition to the first 2015 Corvette Z06 raffle that will be held later this week, the NCM still has two more Stingray raffles on their agenda for 2014, offering a 2015 Arctic White Stingray coupe to the winner of the December 5, 2014 raffle and a 2015 Laguna Blue Stingray coupe for the December 18, 2014 raffle.
To truly experience the capabilities of the all new Corvette Z06, it helps to take a ride along with a professional race car driver. Tommy Milner, who co-drives the #4 Corvette C7.R for Corvette Racing in the TUDOR United Sports Car Championship Series is no stranger to going fast on the track at Road Atlanta and now we get to see a complete hot lap with Tommy driving the all new 2015 Corvette Z06 production car.
It appears that Chevrolet is happy with the start of production of the C7 Corvette Z06 – so much so that that customer cars have started to ship to customers from the assembly plant in Bowling Green.
When the Stingray was launched last year, Chevrolet delayed the shipping as the automaker pursued an aggressive quality assessment regiment to insure everything was just right and some customer cars were held well over a month. Now, just three weeks after the start of production, the all-new Corvette Z06s are on their way to dealers and the Corvette Museum for customer delivery.
Last weekend we kicked off our pre-turkey day festivities by hitting up the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals (MCACN) in Chicago. For 2 days hundreds of muscle cars, Corvettes, customs, and racers took over the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont in what’s become one of the best indoor shows around. Click past the jump to see some of our favorites from MCACN 2014.
Those crazy guys over at Motor Trend’s Roadkill have fulfilled one of their dreams now.
And it sure was a lot of fun in the process.
David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan, in their latest episode for MotorTrend.com, finished the hack job on a C4 Corvette they started four years ago, in the process seeing what it would do against a 2014 Lingenfelter Corvette Stingray.