C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
Jay Leno takes us out of his garage and out into the world for a field trip to what he calls the “Super Bowl for car enthusiasts” in Pebble Beach, Calif., where he says you can see some of the best cars ever built.
He calls this 42-minute show “The Ultimate Car Week.”
Of most interest to Corvette enthusiasts is likely to be a segment devoted to the 2015 Corvette Z06. You might want to fast forward to about the 9:50 mark to see this.
Here’s a short “Now & Then” documentary by Graeme Jenvey that’ll definitely put a smile on a Corvette enthusiast’s face.
In the six-and-a-half minute video, a long-time Corvette lover named Joe Gallo shares his thoughts about his 1965 Corvette Sting Ray, then contrasts it with a 2014 Stingray.
We already knew that the C7 Corvette was hot. The car has taken home numerous industry awards and over 37,000 of them were built.
They’ve scorched the competition in various comparisons both on the track and off.
Over the last year or so we’ve seen countless wrecked C7′s. This one is easily the crispiest one we’ve seen yet. The entire car is well done like the finest filet mignon at your local steak house. It resembles the remains of Chernobyl after the 1980′s reactor fire and subsequent meltdown. In fact the only remaining components we can make out after the carbeque are the metallic components like the wheels, miscellaneous frame bits, and the mufflers.
With C7 Corvette Z06 production slated to begin sometime in 4th Quarter, we’ve been wondering where all the spy photos of the new supercar are. Like the Corvette Stingray, we know that Chevy has been doing extensive testing and will be making changes to the car right up until the time the first retail Corvette Z06 heads down the production line.
So it’s lucky for us that TheFastLaneCar.com’s Roman and Nathan got a tip that a group of Corvettes were doing some high-altitude testing in the high-country of Colorado so the duo jumped at the opportunity to track them down and see what’s going on.
The recall problems for General Motors apparently have finally reached the top of the line, but maybe that’s a good thing.
This week’s announcement that GM plans to issue two more recalls (according to stop-delivery orders sent to dealers Thursday) on the hot-selling 2015 Chevrolet Corvette means the company really is paying much closer attention to safety than perhaps it did in the past.
Here’s your chance to get the first retail production Corvette Stingray for the 2015 model year, complete with the new 8-speed automatic transmission – and help a worthy charity in the process.
Barrett-Jackson will be offering the numerically significant Stingray at its upcoming auction in Las Vegas Sept. 25-27. This particular car is slated to be sold at approximately 6 p.m. on Sept. 26.
The latest Car and Driver issue with the rendering of the mid-engine 2017 Corvette ZORA on the cover also features the results from the magazine’s annual Lightning Lap competition where the latest stock/unmodified offerings from selected manufacturers are raced against the clock at Virginia International Raceway.
For the 7th Annual Lightning Lap, 25 cars were selected and grouped into classes based on selling price and this year’s competition features both the 2014 Corvette Stingray and the 2014 Camaro Z/28. Thanks to a post on the forums at VW Vortex, we have the results!
Yesterday was National Teddy Bear Day and Chevrolet used the occasion cruise through Manhattan with a special delivery in a 2015 Corvette Stingray Convertible for kids that are fighting cancer. GM donated 48 small teddy bears and one big one to the Sunshine on Wheels program at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in Manhattan.
Photo Credit: Car and Driver
Car and Driver recently came out with an update on their long-term test car – a 7-Speed Manual Z51 Coupe – and unfortunately they’ve encountered a few issues that hit at the reliability and everyday driveability of the new C7 Corvette.