On Friday Morning at the National Corvette Museum’s Bash event, Chevrolet officially revealed the changes and updates that will be available on the 2016 Corvette. In addition to a number of new features and upgrades, two new colors will be available as well as three special design packages and a Corvette Z06 C7.R special edition.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
We just completed Day One of our three days at the National Corvette Museum for the annual Bash event. No 2016 Corvettes were on display today and several potential 2016s had the C7.R car cover we first spotted at SEMA last year. So you can imagine our excitement when Bowling Green Plant Manager Jeff Lamarche showed up at the end of the day with a 2016 Corvette Stingray in the new Corvette Racing Yellow.
The guys at the Texas tuning shop of Late Model Racecraft have really made a name for themselves over the last few years. In a new video, we see LMR’s Steven Fereday introducing their latest project – a custom-wrapped Corvette Z06 from Atlanta Custom Wraps in the shop for LMR’s Stage II Corvette Z06 package. With the upgrades, the Corvette dynos at 750 rwhp on boost only and with the nitrous system, the Z06 generates 1,000 hp!
Our friend Rick Conti at Ohio’s Coughlin Chevrolet has been Johnny-on-the-spot when it comes to spotting the color changes coming on the new 2016 Corvette.
Rick was the first to notice that Velocity Yellow was on a major constraint for 2015 Corvettes earlier this month and that a possible color change was coming. Then he found the RPO code for a new Yellow in GM’s Order System. Now, Rick is attempting to break the internet with the reveal of the new 2016 color chips and their new names.
My 16-year-old son Chris just got a GMC Sierra pickup as his first vehicle.
Boy, how he loves that truck, but we like to joke that it gets nearly 8 gallons to the mile. It’s not quite that bad, but when Chris pulls into a gas station, the attendants give us a standing ovation. I think we’re singlehandedly responsible for half of Racetrac’s profit margin last quarter.
That’s one reason we can sympathize with John Hennessey as the supertuner floors this 2015 Corvette Z06 with the new 8-speed automatic transmission to get a baseline performance reading on what she’ll do before he performs his magic under the hood.
The staff at the National Corvette Museum must be some of the busiest folks in Corvette-land. This weekend, April 23-25, in addition to hosting several thousand Corvette fans from across the country at the NCM Bash, they will also be raffling off two 2015 Corvette Stingrays—a Shark Gray Coupe and an Arctic White Convertible.
The National Corvette Museum’s 2015 show season kicks off this week with their annual Bash. Attendees at the Bash will get a first look at the 2016 Corvette Stingray and Z06, attend any number of interesting seminars as well as participate in one of several road tours and other miscellaneous activities.
In addition to getting up close and personal with the 2016 Corvettes, attendees can hear all the dirty details of the next model year straight from members of GM’s engineering team who will be on hand to answer any of your questions.
Each week, Criswell Chevrolet’s Mike Furman delivers new Corvette Stingrays and Z06s to his customers who come from all parts of the country to work with the nation’s top Corvette seller.
In this week’s dispatch, pictures of Corvette Z06s and Stingrays sold by Mike are shared by their new owners. A Canadian couple makes a 200-mile detour to visit Mike at Criswell and Chevrolet takes Mike to a ballgame – the Baltimore Orioles’s opening day.