Despite being in the twilight of its final year of production, 2013 Corvettes continue to be sold by Chevrolet dealers in strong numbers. In the latest sales report from General Motors, 1,167 Corvettes were sold in the month October. This was a 23.4% increase from the 946 Corvettes that sold in October 2011 and for the 2012 Calendar year, Corvette sales are up a 4.6% with 11,737 Corvettes built between January-October 2012 vs 11,216 Corvettes during the same period in 2011.
Production numbers continue to be strong as well with Bowling Green building 1,040 2013 Corvettes last month. We are seeing a reduction in the number of reported 2013 Corvettes being built over the last three months (Aug 12: 1,919; Sept 12: 1,460; Oct 12: 1,040) which is probably due to retrofitting the plant for C7 production. GM isn’t reporting any new C7 production numbers despite the fact that we know they are being built by the plant in limited numbers.
As far as rebates and incentives go, this is a great time to purchase a new Corvette. General Motors is offering great deals on remaining 2012 Corvettes and new 2013 Corvettes. Here is the rundown:
Now through January 2, 2013, there is a $3,500 rebate towards the purchase of a 2012 Corvette, or you can finance the 2012 Corvette for 0% up to 72 months!
Now though January 2, 2013, there is a $1,500 dealer cash towards the purchase of a 2013 Corvette, or you can finance the 2013 Corvette for 3.9% for 60 months.
Our friends at Kerbeck Corvette are offering a special 1.59% financing for 72 months on 2013 Corvettes.
There are several additional offers to help buyers with their Corvette purchases as well, however they cannot be combined. They are:
- $3,000 Corvette Loyalty Rebate offer: You or someone in your household must currently own a Corvette (it doesn’t have to be traded in to qualify). Rebate is good on both 2012 and 2013 Corvettes.
- GM Lease Conquest offer: If you are currently leasing a non-GM vehicle, you can receive a $2,000 rebate towards the purchase or lease of a 2012 or 2013 Corvette. You do not need to turn in your non-GM leased vehicle and it can be in anyone’s name in your household to qualify.
- GM Employee Vehicle Allowance: Qualified buyers will receive $2,500 towards the purchase of a 2013 Corvette or $3,500 towards the purchase of a 2012 Corvette. Leasors can get $2,500 for leasing a 2013 Corvette.
- USAA Offer: For members of USAA insurance policies, you can receive an additional $750 rebate on the purchase or lease of a 2012 or 2013 Corvette.
|Corvette Delivery Statistics for October 2012|
|Month||2012||2011||% Change||Months||2012||2011||% Change|
|Archived Monthly Corvette Delivery Statistics|
Bowling Green Production:
- 2013 Model Year Production in october 2012: 1,040
- 2013 Model Year To Date Through October 2012: 7,721
- 2012 Calendar Year to Date Production through October 2012: 12,370
Our monthly GM sales reports are sponsored by Kerbeck Corvette in Atlantic City, NJ. Talk to one of Kerbeck’s Corvette Specialists and get behind the wheel of your Corvette dream today. Visit Kerbeck Corvette on the web at www.kerbeck.com or call Dave Salvatore at 877-537-2325.