C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
Earlier this month we ballparked 2014 Corvette Stingray production at just over 36,500 units which takes into account the 35,523 known VINs plus an additional 1,050 for the Premiere Editions.
But we were too low in our estimate.
GM officially revealed at last weekend’s Corvettes at Carlisle show that 37,288 Corvettes were built during the 2014 model year.
Chevrolet has finally answered the question that has kept Corvette enthusiasts wondering since the 2015 Corvette Z06 was introduced back in January at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit: How much is America’s newest supercar going to cost?
Well that answer arrived this morning and it’s going to put a smile on your face.
The all-new 2015 Corvette Z06 Coupe with 650 hp will start at an MSRP of $78,995. The Corvette Z06 Convertible will start at $83,995. Prices include the $995 destination fee.
Add another C7 to the growing list of Stingrays that have “drowned,” so to speak.
This black 2014 Corvette, sitting atop some Forgeline GA3R wheels, was once a great-looking car, but no longer.
It’s now sitting in an insurance company’s holding lot and will be sold through Insurance Auto Auctions.
Here’s a clever twist on the popular ALS Ice Bucket Challenge that’s sweeping through Social Media these days.
Courtney Moats is interning in the Chevrolet PR department and she took part in the ice bucket challenge on Tuesday at the Milford Proving Grounds where the Corvette Team was hosting the first rides in the 2015 Corvette Stingray.
We had a unique opportunity on Tuesday to drive the new 2015 Corvette Stingray at the Milford Road Course, the private track located on GM’s Mildford Proving Grounds. One of the cars that was provided to the auto-journalists in attendance was the very first 2015 Corvette Stingray wearing VIN 00001.
When the 8-speed automatic was first announced for the 2015 Corvette Stingray, most of us saw the main benefit would be an increase in fuel economy and that has come true as the new paddle-shift auto gets an EPA-estimated 29 MPG on the highway But the new automatic is also faster than than the previous 6-speed with a 0-60 mph time at 3.7 seconds.
We spent last Saturday with over 1 million of our closest friends at the famous Woodward Dream Cruise. The event is billed as the largest one-day car event in the world as 1 – 1.5 million people and 40,000 or so collector cars descend on historic Woodward Avenue in metro Detroit each year on the 3rd Saturday in August.
Production of the 2015 Corvette is already underway but that hasn’t stopped the Corvette Team from announcing even more content for the award winning sports car. One such feature is the Valet Mode with Performance Data Recorder.
The next time you hand your keys over to a valet, you can rest assured knowing that you’re valuables will be secured and your baby will be under the watchful eyes of the Performance Data Recorder when it’s out of your sight.
Thanks to a friend, we have the latest version of the 2015 Corvette Order Guide which now includes all the ordering and package information about the Z06 (except the price!). One of the most interesting specifications we’ve been waiting on is the curb weight of the new super car and now we know. The 2015 Corvette Z06 Coupe will come in at 3,524 lbs while the Z06 Convertible comes in at 3,582 lbs.