There’s little doubt that today’s Corvette is much stronger and safer than previous generations. Like most modern cars, the Corvette Stingray has predetermined crumple zones that absorb the energy of an impact while the cockpit’s front and side airbags deploy to help protect the driver. And after all that happens, OnStar is there to call emergency services as soon as a crash is detected.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
It’s the first of the month and that means its sales reporting time for the major auto manufacturers.
General Motors sales report for June 2014 shows 2,723 Corvettes were sold during the month. That’s 219.2% higher than the 853 Corvettes sold during the same month in 2013. June’s Corvette sales lagged approximately 605 units behind the 3,328 Corvettes sold in May 2014 for a decrease of -18.2% between the two months.
The 2014 edition of The Granddaddy of all Corvette shows, Bloomington Gold, took place last weekend in Champaign, Illinois. This year was the show’s the second year on the University of Illinois campus in Champaign. Our super fantastic photo gallery from the event awaits you after the break.
A new Corvette Stingray Z51 will be on the market in mid-July.
But don’t look for it at your neighborhood Chevy dealer.
This Stingray is the latest radio controlled 1/10 scale replica from Vaterra, and it appears to be much more high-tech than the New Bright RC Stingray that came out last year.
On Friday, GM issued a recall notice for four vehicles, one of which was the 2014 Corvette Stingray. Specifically, the potential issue has to do with the rear-shock absorbers in Stingrays with the FE1 or FE3 suspensions.
It’s Friday and we thought a gallery of Corvette images would be a cool way to wrap up the week. Here’s our salute to Black Corvettes with a random photo gallery made up of 32 Corvettes spanning seven generations.
Great news for Corvette enthusiasts in Canada. Chevrolet in Canada has announced that Canadian buyers of the new Corvette Stingray are now eligible to attend the Stingray School at Ron Fellows Performance Driving School in Nevada. The two-day Stingray School is $1,000 USD which is a $1,500 discount off the standard driving school rate.
The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s trophy cabinet is already pretty full so Tadge and Harlan will have to move over that North American Car of the Year trophy to make room for another award they picked up this week for customer satisfaction. The new C7 Stingray, along with 2014′s Impala, Sonic and Camaro were the tops of their segments in the 2014 AutoPacific Vehicle Satisfaction Survey.
John Hennessey discusses & test drives the HPE700 Supercharged C7 Corvette.
The HPE 700 is powered by a TVS supercharger with 7 lbs of boost. The Corvette puts down over 600 horsepower to the wheels and overall horsepower is measured at 707.
The arctic white sports car also features Hennessey’s carbon fiber splitter and aero rocker panels. The custom wheels on the car not only look good, but they save around 17 pounds over the stock alloys.
Hennessey then takes the Corvette Stingray out to his test track and puts the angry-sounding C7 through its paces before finishing with a massive burnout.
Visit CorvetteVideos.TV for the best selection of hand-picked Corvette videos.