Last week at the C7 Corvette Stingray Media Drive event in Monterey, Chevy had an autocross course set up on a concrete tarmac just behind the airplane hanger where the entire event was staged. Three Corvettes, all 7-speed Z51 cars, were on the track. I chose the Torch Red Stingray (because everyone knows that red Corvettes are the fastest).
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
Last week we shared details of Callaway’s engineers successfully supercharging the first direct injected engine in the Gen 5 family from General Motors. The work that was done included the install of an Eaton TVS Supercharger onto a 2014 5.3L Silverado truck. In addition to the hardware, Callaway’s engineers worked on the calibration with the electronic powertrain management system which includes Direct Injection, Variable Valve Timing and Active Fuel Management.
This work has given Callaway a jump on the competition as it prepares to offer a Callaway-engineered 2014 Corvette Stingray. But not all work is being done under the hood. Callaway has always offered their own hood treatment for the Callaway-tuned Corvettes as the supercharger requires additional headroom. In advance of Corvettes at Carlisle, Callaway is showing a sneak preview of how that new hood will look.
The Woodward Dream Cruise is billed as the largest one-day car event in the world. Each year on the third Saturday in August about 1.5 million people and 40,000 or so collector cars descend on historic Woodward Avenue in metro Detroit. It’s the pinnacle of the annual automotive week of ecstasy we told you about a couple weeks ago.
We know that the most important question right now on people’s minds is when will production start for retail customers who have ordered the 2014 Corvette Stingray? Unfortunately, the only correct answer we have is “soon”. But until that magical date happens, how about we watch a video that shows just how the new 7th generation Corvette Stingray will be assembled.
I had an epiphany last August after a visit to the GM Heritage Center. As I laid my eyes on the 1959 Corvette Stingray Racer, I knew right then that it was my favorite Corvette design of all time. So how cool is it to see a modern take on the classic Stingray Racer with this rendering by car enthusiast and designer Giovanni Huang.
Earlier this month we found an update to the Corvette Stingray Order Guide detailing the two types of body stripes and the colors they will be available in. At the Monterey Motorsports Reunion, Chevrolet displayed several different Corvette Stingrays including these two with the full body racing stripes in colors that haven’t been seen until now.
On the morning of August 13th, seven months to the day of its introduction in Detroit, CorvetteBlogger gathered with 20-some other automotive writers at an airport hangar outside Monterey, California to drive the 2014 Corvette Stingray. This was the defining moment. The end all/be all moment of truth. Just how good is the seventh generation Corvette Stingray? Better than you can possibly imagine.
There’s no doubt that the new Gen 5 Small block engines found in the Corvette Stingray and the Chevrolet Silverado are the most technologically advanced engines that Chevrolet has ever built. But concerns about some of the new fuel savers like direct injection, variable valve timing and the active fuel management means that tuners will have the step up their game to unlock the hidden power the LT1 is capable of providing.
Although many tuners are already promoting their packages for LT1 upgrades, only Callaway has demonstrated the ability to actually supercharge an engine in the “Eco-Tec” family by installing an Eaton TVS Supercharger on a 2014 5.3L Silverado.