Our friend Nick Saporito at GM Inside News uncovered something new about the new 2014 Corvette Stingray that we think is pretty cool. Like the latest Cadillac’s with their CUE infotainment center, when you fire up the new Stingray, you’ll hear an audio clip play. Well Nick and the gang at GMInsideNews.com has uncovered that audio clip.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
Great news for Indy 500 Corvette pace car fans. Autoweek is claiming that the 2014 Corvette Stingray will be the pace car for the Greatest Spectacle in Racing and they say they have the spy photos to prove it. The photos show a specially-equipped Laguna Blue 2014 Corvette Stingray with safety lights testing at the Milford Proving Grounds.
Last Friday at the National Corvette Museum’s Bash Event, Corvette Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter and Product Manager Harlan Charles delivered their 2014 Corvette Stingray seminar to a capacity crowd. With so much information coming out about the new Corvette, the seminar lasted nearly two full hours!
Like previous years, the seminar also gave us the highlights and some final numbers on the current model year (2013) before delving into the new Stingray content. And because pricing for the Stingray was announced just an hour before the event started, we get to hear the Corvette Team’s first official comments on the manufacturers suggested retail pricing of $51,995 for the 1LT Coupe and $56,995 for the 1LT Convertible.
At the conclusion of the National Corvette Museum’s annual Bash event, the Lagnua Blue Corvette Stingray Coupe and the Night Race Blue Convertible were taken outside and loaded onto an auto transporter for destinations unknown. We were still at the NCM just after 5pm on Saturday when we noticed the staff was preparing to move the Corvettes. Lucky for us, we caught the whole event on video.
The Corvette Museum’s Annual Bash was in full swing on Friday and the biggest crowds were always around the 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe and Convertible on display in the conference room.
But that didn’t mean there weren’t any other new Stingrays in the vicinity. This is Vette City after all. Hunting down the new model cars at the factory or around town is an annual pastime but this year it was made much easier as we got directions to where we could find them from Corvette Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter.
Since the new Corvette Stingray was revealed on 1.13.13, one major question waiting to be answered was how much will the new C7 cost. Today, we are very happy to reveal that the 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe will have a suggested retail starting price of $51,995 and the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible will start at $56,995. Both prices include a $995 destination fee.
“Never seen rain” is a common saying among Corvette “polishers”. But just because its raining, that doesn’t mean that testing comes to a halt with the new 2014 Corvette Stingray. We picked up this gem of a pic on twitter from LaFontaine Chevrolet in Dexter, MI showing a Laguna Blue Corvette Stingray driving in the wet.
We received an email from a reader who spotted the Torch Red 2014 Corvette Stingray in Phoenix, Arizona. Seems the majority of the recent sightings have been in that surrounding area.