Proteam Corvette recently came across a split window barn car that turned out to be a 1963 Corvette Z06 Tanker that was raced throughout 1963 by Josh (A.W.) Joslin. Now they are trying to find out more information about the car and its former racer owner. If you got any knowledge of this Corvette or Josh Joslin, let us know!
The ’63 Corvette Z06 VIN is 30837S106669. It’s currently Silver/Red and has a 4.11 posi rear end, radio and heater delete. The former racer had a roll bar installed prior to 1972. The Trim Tag reads: E2 – Body 3621 – 63837 – 941A – 490C.
Here are some known facts about this 1963 Corvette Z06 Tanker Race Car:
- Built day after Delmo Johnson’s Z06
- Built 3 to 4 days prior to Micky Thompson’s Z06
- Zone 1 Dealer # 368/NCRS Shipping Data Report
- Lee Mac Gillivray Chevrolet Inc., Haslett, Michigan
- Raced by Josh (A.W.) Joslin at VIR #15 May 1963
- Raced by Dick Lang and Walter Joslin #51 at the Road America 500/Elkhart Lake, Sept. 7-8, 1963
- A.W. Joslin won the A production SCCA central divisional championship in 1962
- Delivered Silver but may have been raced Maroon?
- Central Michigan car: Haslett, MI, Greenville, MI, Sheridan, MI, Lansing area
The Corvette was previously owned by Dick Russel from 1969-1971 and then Paul Jorgensen owned the Corvette from 1972-2010.
If you knew this Corvette and have any remembrance of it racing or its owner Josh Joslin, please drop a line to Terry Michaelis at Proteam Corvette.