The following article was contributed to CorvetteBlogger by Carlisle Events.
So, you’ve decided to come to the largest all-Corvette themed weekend in the world, Corvettes at Carlisle, August 26-28 at the Carlisle PA Fairgrounds, but don’t totally know what you’re getting into. Here’s some info from your friends at Carlisle Events and the big Corvette show, presented by Top Flight Automotive.
Come for the day or stay for the weekend! As you’ll learn below, there’s a lot to see and a lot to do at the car show. In addition to show specific highlights, we’ve crafted a detailed advance arrival planner for you too. Be sure to check it out because the region has so much to offer you!
The Carlisle PA Fairgrounds have multiple entry gates at all points of the fence line. If you are showing a car, Gate 3 is THE gate to enter. If you’re a spectator, Gates 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 all provide access. The 82-acre facility has 8,100 spaces, many of which will include special guests, displays, vendors, and Corvettes, lots and lots of Corvettes. The best way to explore the grounds is to download the FREE Carlisle Events App or pick up an event guide when you pass through the gates. A week or so prior to the start of Corvettes at Carlisle, a digital version of the event guide and a map will be available for your review. Wear comfy shoes and stay hydrated! Days can be long, and you’ll put in some steps, but the Corvette lover in you will thank you for your efforts.
What to See and What to Do
Special Displays (in no particular order)
- AeroBody Corvettes on Display
- Chip’s Choice (a salute to law enforcement)
- 50 Years of the 1971 Corvette
- 25th Anniversary of the Grand Sport
- Solid Axle Corvette National Convention
- The Fun Field (where the show cars park)
- The Swap Meet and Midway (where you can find Corvette parts, collectibles, merchandise and more)
Special Guests and Activities
- The GM Team of Engineers (minds behind the machines)
- Paul Koerner and The Corvette Mechanic Team
- John Heinricy – Father of the Corvette Grand Sport
- Rolling Exhaust Contest (multiple rounds/FREE to participate)
- King the X Autocross presented by Lingenfelter Performance Engineering
- Fun runs are FREE
- $20 to compete in timed runs for a chance to win a share of $1,000
- TWO Great Parade Options (more ways to see the Corvettes in motion)
- On-site parade to honor law enforcement
- Downtown Carlisle Parade and Street Party
Pricing/Admission/Cost to Show/Etc.
- Kids 12 and under FREE
- Full Event Pass – $35 (includes spectator access for Thursday, Friday and Saturday)
- Adult Admission for Two AND Parking – $40
- Adults $20 daily – purchased at venue
- Adults $16 daily – purchased online in advance (includes fee)
- Adults $15 daily – military discount for ID holder only purchased at venue (active, reserved, retired)
- Parking – $10
Fun Field Pricing (showing your Corvette)
- $80 (register online now through August 23 and pick up at venue)
- $80 (register in person starting August 24 and pick up at venue)
As you can see, there are many working parts to this great weekend, and what’s noted above only scratches the surface. Be sure to visit CarlisleEvents.com or call 717-243-7855 to learn more about Corvettes at Carlisle. In addition, Carlisle Events follows current CDC guidelines and recommendations regarding COVID-19. Current health safety measures are also on the web or directly available here!
Finally, our web page also offers you details about parking, camping, directions, a glossary of terms you might not be familiar with and the easiest ways to enjoy every car show on the Carlisle Events season schedule. Check it out!
We can’t wait to see you at the show!
Corvettes at Carlisle