This week we’ve been lucky to come across new information related to the C8 Corvette as Chevy is working to begin exporting the Right-Hand-Drive (RHD) Corvettes to the U.K., Japan, and other countries later this year.
Today we have some information that is directly related to the C8 Corvette Launch for the United Kingdom. Chevrolet announced last year that a special “Launch Edition” model would be made available for the market and now we have the specifics on what the launch edition will include.
From Chevrolet’s U.K. Marketing Bulletin:
The first production months of the European Corvette Stingray will be reserved for an exclusive launch edition. It will be a fully-equipped Stingray, featuring high-performance equipment and distinctive design elements, and available in 16 individual interior/exterior color combinations: 8 Coupe and 8 Convertible versions.
Both Coupe and Convertible will be equipped standard with desirable equipment, such as the Magnetic Ride Control and the highest interior trim available, including premium carbon-fiber details. The exterior design will be elevated by Carbon Flash-painted elements, such as wheels, rear spoiler, and outside mirrors. The Convertible will include roof and nacelles painted in Carbon Flash. The Coupe will be equipped with Competition Sears whereas the Convertible will feature GT2 seats.
To elevate the driving experience even more, each launch edition (Coupe and Convertible) can be delivered with the new optional feature that is for the first time available on a Corvette: E60 Front Lift. This feature raises the front of the vehicle approximately 50 mm in less than 3 seconds at lower speeds (*up to 35 km/h).
To recap, each of the Launch Editions are 3LT trims with Magnetic Ride Control and the Z51 Performance Package. Customers will be able to select the exterior color and whether or not they want the optional Front Lift. Both models feature Nappa leather with seating surfaces and steering wheel in sueded microfiber, along with the carbon fiber interior trim.
The Launch Editions have a standardized color palette based on the Exterior choice. Note that that guide we have has substituted the new 2022 internal GM color names for the soon-to-be-retired Sebring Orange, Shadow Gray, and Zeus Bronze:
C8 Corvette Coupe Configurations:
- Arctic White: Jet Black Interior, Black Seatbelts, Black Calipers, No Stitching.
- Black: Jet Black interior, Torch Red Seatbelts, Bright Red Calipers, Adrenaline Red Stitching.
- Torch Red: Adrenaline Red Interior, Torch Red Seat Belts, Bright Red Calipers, No Stitching
- Hypersonic Gray: Natural Interior, Tan Seat Belts, Edge Red Calipers, No Stitching.
- Rapid Blue: Jet Black Interior, Tension Blue Seats, Yellow Brake Calipers, No Stitching.
- Elkhart Lake Blue: Adrenaline Red Interior, Black Seat Belts, Bright Red Calipers, No Stitching.
- Accelerate Yellow: Jet Black Interior, Yellow Seat Belts, Yellow Brake Calipers, Yellow Stitching.
- Ceramic Matrix Gray: Jet Black Interior, Yellow Seat Belts, Yellow Brake Calipers, Yellow Stitching.
C8 Corvette Convertible Configurations:
- Torch Red: Jet Black Interior, Black Seat Belts, Black Brake Calipers, No Stitching
- Arctic White: Sky Cool Gray two-tone Interior, Black Seat Belts, Edge Red Brake Calipers, No Stitching.
- Silver Flare: Adrenaline Red two-tone Interior, Black Seat Belts, Bright Red Brake Calipers, No Stitching.
- Caffeine Brown: Natural two-tone Interior, Black Seat Belts, Black Brake Calipers, No Stitching.
- Rapid Blue: Sky Cool Gray Interior, Tension Blue Seat Belts, Black Brake Calipers, No Stitching.
- Elkhart Lake Blue: Natural Interior, Tan Seat Belts, Black Brake Calipers, No Stitching.
- Mist Red: Sky Cool Gray two-tone Interior, Black Seat Belts, Edge Red Calipers, No Stitching.
- Amplify Orange: Jet Black Interior, Orange Seat Belts, Black Brake Calipers, No Stitching.
Once the Launch roll-out period is completed, buyers in the United Kingdom will be able to purchase a 2LT version as the standard version with choice of seats (GT1, GT2, or Competition) with the Z51 Performance Package offered as standard equipment. The optional 3LT version will allow additional colors and custom leather-wrapped interiors along with a choice of GT2 or Competition seats.
Last year, Chevrolet Europe announced the list prices for the generously equipped launch edition models will start in the UK at £81,700 ($115,049.94 USD) for the coupe and at £87,110 ($122,668.30 USD) for the convertible. As it’s been nearly a year since this was posted, we are not sure if the pricing will stay as listed.
Ordering details for the Launch Edition are not presented, but the person we spoke with suggested that orders could open within the next month or two with the first deliveries coming sometime later this fall. However, that is not yet set in stone.
Ian Allan Motors is the authorized distributor for Chevrolet in the United Kingdom. For questions about ordering your own C8 Corvette Launch Edition, contact them at [email protected] or visit www.ianallanvirginiawater.co.uk.
The Launch Edition configurations are the exact same configurations posted by the Corvette Prague dealership where we learned about the new 2022 Corvette exterior colors, and so we assume these configurations will be used throughout Europe with the only difference being the United Kingdom received Right-Hand-Drive vehicles while the rest of the continent will get the standard LHD configuration.
Here are the Internal GM Names for the New Exterior Colors on the 2022 Corvette
Corvettes for Sale: First 2020 Corvette Stingray Touches Down in the U.K.
Chevrolet to Offer Specially-Equipped ‘Launch Edition’ C8 Corvettes for Europe in 2021