Bloomington Gold’s 4th annual Charlotte event is rapidly approaching. The two-day Corvette extravaganza will take place October 11th and 12th at the Hendrick Motorsports Complex. If you’re on the fence about going or not, below we’ve got 10 reasons for you to book your trip now.
- Over 500 Corvettes expected this year: That’s a whole lotta America’s sportscar in one place!
- Certification judging: Have your car judged or just watch as others pursue the top awards in our hobby – Bloomington Survivor, Gold, and Benchmark.
- Tours of the Hendrick Heritage Center: Many of us have seen it on TV, but how many have actually seen Rick Hendrick’s amazing car collection in person? Now’s your chance! Just don’t drool on his cars, please.
- Tours of the Hendrick race team buildings: Get a firsthand look at the shops for some of the top teams in NASCAR. This is the only time Hendrick Motorsports will open their doors to the public.
- Vendors, Vendors, Vendors: Grab the latest swag from your favorite Corvette goody provider. See the latest items from the National Corvette Museum, National Corvette Restorers Society, Billy Boat exhaust (installing onsite), Hagerty Insurance, Trailex Trailers, Kim’s Gold Dust and more.
- The Gold Collection: Featuring cars connected to GM’s Jim Perkins. See cars developed during his tenure at GM, cars he owned, cars he drove, and more.
- Queen City Corvette Club annual show: Need even more Corvettes? Of course you do! On Saturday, October 12th the Queen City Corvette club will join in fun as they present their 8th annual show. Dash plaques will be given to the first 200 entries and over 40 trophies will be presented across 1st through 7th Corvette generations.
- Get $200 off Certification: Register your C4, C5, C6, or C7 now and receive $200 off the regular price in honor of the late Jim Perkins. Just enter Perkins200 at check out.
- Sell your Corvette: Does your Corvette need a new caretaker? Then grab a spot in the Goldmine. Reserve a spot in the vendor area for just $25 for maximum exposure.
- Other great local stuff to do: Should you need a break from Corvettes, be sure to check out other local attractions like the ZMAX Dragway (NHRA Carolina Nationals are running that weekend), the Charlotte Motor Speedway, or the Morrison Motorcar Museum.
There are many more reasons to hit up Bloomington Gold Charlotte next month, but this should be more than enough motivation for you. The Charlotte event takes place October 11th and 12th at the Hendrick Motorsports Complex. Admission is free to the public.