Bloomington Gold’s Charlotte is taking place this weekend, October 12th and 13th and the theme for the Gold Collection is “The Sharks”. The display will focus on third-generation Corvettes built between 1968 and 1972.
Given the myriad of powertrains, options, and colors available those years, the Bloomington team has assembled an equally diverse group of Corvettes to showcase. The overwhelming majority of the Corvettes in the Gold Collection are highly decorated cars that have attained virtually every major award in our hobby. From Bloomington Survivor, Gold, and Benchmark accolades to NCRS Bowtie and Duntov honors all the way to MCACN Triple Diamond these cars have achieved the pinnacle of Corvette awards.
The 1968 model year will feature 3 Gold Certified examples while the Monaco Orange ZL1 Corvette highlights the 1969 Corvettes in the Gold Collection. The 1970 model year will feature a one-owner big block and a Bloomington Benchmark and NCRS 4 Star Bowtie 350/350 coupe. The 1971 and 1972 model years will feature all the option codes you expect including LT1, LS6, and even ZR1.
The Bloomington Gold Charlotte Gold Collection is sure to be a great representation of the best of the early C3 Corvettes. Be sure to see them and all the other Charlotte activates October 12th and 13th at the Hendrick Motorsports Complex.
Here’s a list of all the Charlotte Gold Collection Corvettes:
- 1968 Convertible, 03047, LeMans Blue/blue, 427/400 L68, SURVIVOR, Gold Certified®, NCRS 4-Star Bowtie, Robert Coons, Monroe LA
- 1968 Coupe, 15185, LeMans Blue/black, 427.390 L36, Gold Certified®, Dave Gregorino, Charlotte NC
- 1968 Convertible, 22152, Rally Red/black, 427/435 L71, Gold Certified®, NCRS Top Flight, Bradley S. Hillhouse, Lincoln NE
- 1969 Convertible, 10209, Monaco Orange/black, 427/430 L88 ZL1, Gold Certified, Bruce Perrone, Pittsburgh PA
- 1969 Coupe, 23055, Polar CanAm White/black, 427/430 L88, Gold Certified®, NCRS Top Flight, Frank Stech Jr., Pitman NJ
- 1969 Coupe, 24874, Riverside Gold/black, 427/435 L71, Gold Certified®, NCRS Duntov Mark of Excellence, Triple Diamond, Fred R. Jenkins, Deep Run NC
- 1969 Coupe, 24903, Riverside Gold/saddle, 350/300, SURVIVOR®, NCRS Top Flight, NCRS 2-Star Bowtie, Walt & Wendy Krupowicz, Iron Station NC
- 1969 Convertible, 35490, Daytona Yellow/black, 350/350 L46, Gold Certified®, NCRS Top Flight, Brenda Lofton, Troutman NC
- 1969 Coupe, 36331, Maroon/black 427/390 L36, Benchmark®, NCRS Top Flight, Robert M. Marotta, Lake Wylie SC
- 1970 Convertible,03215, Daytona Yellow/Black, 454/390 LS5, One Owner, Dan Crean, Huntersville NC
- 1970 Coupe, 12762, Monza Red/black, 350/350 L46, Benchmark®, NCRS 4-Star Bowtie, Eugene G. Anderson, Elizabethtown NC
- 1971 Coupe, 12983, Brands Hatch Green/black, 454/425 LS6, Gold Certified®, Al Kazanjian, 615 Dutton St., Lowell MA
- 1971 Convertible, 11560, Mulsanne Blue/blue, 350/330 LT1, Gold Certified®, NCRS Top Flight, James Sabia, Wappingers Falls NY
- 1971 Convertible, 11499, Nevada Silver/Red, 454/425 LS6, SURVIVOR®, Rick Hendrick, Charlotte NC
- 1972 Coupe, 02354, War Bonnet Yellow/black, 350/330 LT1, NCRS 2nd Flight, Mitch & Carol Dean, Lexington SC
- 1972 Coupe, 09919, Ontario Orange/black, 454/270 LS5, Benchmark®, NCRS 5-Star Bowtie, Tom & Kaye Bulluck, Rocky Mount NC
- 1972 ZR1 Coupe, 16639, Bryar Blue/black, 350/255 LT1, NCRS Top Flight, James Sabia, Wappingers Falls NY