DETROIT (Sept. 5, 2018) – There are only three tracks at which Corvette Racing has competed in each of its 20 seasons. One of those is WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, site of this weekend’s America’s Tire 250 for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. During the last 19 years, the team has amassed an impressive record of victories and miles on the California coast, as you can see below…
- 1: As in one team, one manufacturer and one model of car for 20 years: Corvette Racing, Chevrolet and the Chevrolet Corvette.
- 2: Double-podium finishes this season for Corvette Racing: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park and Road America.
- 3: Generations of Corvette Racing entries at Laguna Seca since 1999 – Corvette C5-R (1999-04) Corvette C6.R (2005-2013) and Corvette C7.R (2014-current).
- 3: Consecutive wins for Corvette Racing at Laguna Seca from 2012-14.
- 3: Pole positions and fastest race laps at Laguna Seca by Jan Magnussen in Corvette Racing entries.
- 4: Career victories at Laguna Seca for Oliver Gavin and Jan Magnussen. All four of Gavin’s have come with Corvette Racing.
- 6: Consecutive GTLM podium finishes for Antonio Garcia and Jan Magnussen in the No. 3 Corvette – Mid-Ohio (third), Watkins Glen (second), Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (second), Lime Rock Park (second), Road America (third) and VIR (second).
- 7: Number of Laguna Seca victories for Corvette Racing dating back to 2004.
- 8: As in Chevrolet’s small-block V8. More than 100 million units have been sold worldwide and is the most successful engine in American motorsports.
- 9: Laguna Seca victories for Corvette Racing from the current driving lineup – Oliver Gavin (four), Jan Magnussen and Antonio Garcia (two) and Tommy Milner (one).
- 11: Drivers who have competed for Corvette Racing at Laguna Seca. Of those, seven went on to win at Monterey.
- 11: Victories at Laguna Seca for Chevrolet in IMSA competition.
- 12: Manufacturer Championships for Chevrolet and Corvette Racing since 2001.
- 16: Number of GT Le Mans wins in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship for Corvette Racing since the start of 2014. That’s the most of any manufacturer and team in GTLM.
- 24: Tracks at which Corvette Racing has won races – Baltimore, COTA, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park/Mosport, Daytona, Detroit, Houston, Laguna Seca, Le Mans, Lime Rock, Long Beach, Miami, Mid-Ohio, Portland, Road America, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Sonoma, St. Petersburg, Texas, Trois Rivieres, Utah, VIR, Washington DC and Watkins Glen.
- 28: Number of drivers for Corvette Racing since 1999.
- 107: Victories worldwide for Corvette Racing – 99 in North America and eight at Le Mans.
- 210: Event starts by Corvette Racing since 1999 following the most recent race at VIR.
- 11334.24: Number of racing miles completed by Corvette Racing in its 19 previous trips to Laguna Seca. That represents 5,147 laps or nearly 667 trips along historic 17-Mile Drive on the Monterey Peninsula.
- 279,324.46: Total number of racing miles completed by Corvette Racing since its inception. To put that in perspective Apollo 13 – the longest manned spaceflight in history – covered “just” 248,655 miles.
Our Corvette Racing Coverage is Sponsored By
SONIC Tools USA
Corvette Racing at Laguna Seca: Championship Fight Heads West
Corvette Racing at VIR: Championship Lead for Garcia, Magnussen
Corvette Racing at Road America: Another Double Podium for Corvette C7.Rs
[VIDEO] Mobil 1 The Grid: Behind the Scenes With Corvette Racing at the Mobil 1 Sportscar Grand Prix