Chevy released the amazing 0-60 time of 2.95 seconds for the 2015 Corvette Z06, the fastest time ever for a GM production car.
Equally as amazing is how quickly the Z06 can go from 60 to 0 mph – in 99.6 feet with the Z07 package!
Brembo is the brains behind that stellar performance, and the company recently released a neat video explaining how its carbon ceramic brake system does the trick.
Here are some of the details from that video:
- Aluminum monoblock caliper.
- Six pistons
- Cross-drilled radiators for improved pad and brake fluid cooling.
- Optimum force distribution pistons
- Differentiated piston diameters – 38mm, 34mm, 30mm.
- Three different colors
- High-performance brake pads specifically developed for use with CCM brake rotors.
- Carbon ceramic-matrix brake rotors (15.5 inches in front, 15.3 inches in rear), offering less weight, better performance, and no corrosion.
- Cross drilling for maximum ventilation
- Longer rotor life, near to zero wear, less pollution
- Consistent performance under all operating conditions
- Zero thermal deflection eliminates brake vibration.
It all adds up to one outstanding braking system for the new Z06, sure to be among the best in the world.
Brembo Brakes on YouTube