If you’re not satisfied with the standard 460 horsepower of the 2014 Corvette Stingray, then you might want to talk to the folks at Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.
They’ve just released several packages that will dramatically boost the Stingray’s output, starting with a jump to 550 horsepower and climbing in increments of 50 all the way to 750 horsepower.
“The 2014 Corvette Stingray is one of the most exciting new cars in years and the Lingenfelter team wasted no time in turning out a series of highly-anticipated performance upgrades that deliver uncompromising drivability in addition to horsepower,” said Ken Lingenfelter, CEO/Owner, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. “We’re privileged to have such talented engineers on our team, whose level of passion for performance drives them to produce reliable, road-ready systems.”
Lingenfelter engineers took advantage of the sophistication of the C7’s new 6.2-liter LT1 engine to develop advanced tuning based on their direct-injected architecture expertise garnered in part through Lingenfelter’s 2014 GM truck program.
With Chief Engineer Graham Behan at the helm, Lingenfelter’s crew was able to create greater airflow enabled by the CNC-ported cylinder heads and higher-lift camshaft to create more power at the rear wheels. No surprise that Behan was able to improve the base C7, considering his resume includes work on the legendary 32-valve, dual overhead cam LT5 engine that powered the C4 ZR-1.
Here’s the rundown on the Lingenfelter offerings for the 2014 C7 Corvette:
- C7 Corvette LT1 376 ci N/A Engine Package — Rated at 550 horsepower; includes CNC heads and camshaft; keeps AFM and variable cam systems operational.
- C7 Corvette LT1 376 ci N/A Engine Package — Rated at 600 horsepower; includes CNC heads, aggressive camshaft and headers.
- C7 Corvette LT1 N/A 417 ci Engine Package — Rated at 650 horsepower; includes the 600 horsepower package, a stroker crank, connecting rods and forged pistons.
- C7 Corvette LT1 376 ci Supercharged Engine Package — Rated at 640 horsepower; this is the base supercharger package installed on a stock engine.
- C7 Corvette LT1 376 ci Supercharged Engine Package — Rated at 700 horsepower; includes CNC heads, camshaft and supercharger.
- C7 Corvette LT1 417 ci Supercharged Engine Package — Rated at 750 horsepower; includes CNC heads, camshaft, stroker crank, connecting rods, forged pistons, supercharger and upgraded fuel system.
Even higher-power C7 packages will be offered initially as custom builds, with some being added to the “standard” package list.
Besides the engine upgrades, Lingenfelter’s packages include higher-performance wheels and tires, higher-capacity brake systems, suspension upgrades and performance-oriented interior and exterior components. They also offer a greater choice of Corvette tires through Continental.