DETROIT (July 18, 2018) – Corvette Racing continues its 20th season campaign at a place where, unsurprisingly, has a strong history. The program has won five times in 11 visits at Lime Rock with the most recent being one of the biggest milestones in Corvette Racing history…
- 1: As in one team, one manufacturer and one model of car for 20 years: Corvette Racing, Chevrolet and the Chevrolet Corvette.
- 3: Generations of Corvette Racing entries at Lime Rock since 2004 – Corvette C5-R (2004), Corvette C6.R (2005-13) and Corvette C7.R (2016-current).
- 4: Wins at Lime Rock for Corvette Racing’s Oliver Gavin – tied for the most of any driver entered in the Northeast Grand Prix.
- 5: Number of victories at Lime Rock for Corvette Racing, the most of any entrant in IMSA.
- 5: Number of drivers who have won races at Lime Rock for Corvette Racing – Oliver Gavin (four), Olivier Beretta (three), Jan Magnussen (two), and Johnny O’Connell and Tommy Milner (one each).
- 7: Fastest race laps for Corvette Racing drivers at CTMP. Oliver Gavin leads with three with Antonio Garcia (2016) being the most recent.
- 8: As in Chevrolet’s small-block V8. More than 100 million units have been sold worldwide and is the most successful engine in American motorsports.
- 12: Manufacturer Championships for Chevrolet and Corvette Racing since 2001.
- 16: Number of GT Le Mans wins in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship for Corvette Racing since the start of 2014. That’s the most of any manufacturer and team in GTLM.
- 21: Tracks at which Corvette Racing has won races – Baltimore, COTA, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park/Mosport, Daytona, Detroit, Houston, Laguna Seca, Le Mans, Lime Rock, Long Beach, Miami, Mid-Ohio, Portland, Road America, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Sonoma, St. Petersburg, Texas, Trois Rivieres and Utah.
- 28: Number of drivers for Corvette Racing since 1999.
- 100: As in Corvette Racing’s 100tth program victory at Lime Rock Park in 2016.
- 107: Victories worldwide for Corvette Racing – 99 in North America and eight at Le Mans.
- 207: Event starts by Corvette Racing since 1999.
- 5,132.54: Number of racing miles completed by Corvette Racing in its 11 previous trips to Lime Rock. That represents 3,417 laps and approximately 46 trips from New York City to the track.
- 278,757.78: Total number of racing miles completed by Corvette Racing since its inception. To put that in perspective Apollo 13 – the longest manned spaceflight in history – covered “just” 248,655 miles.
SONIC Tools USA
Corvette Racing at Lime Rock: Going for No. 100…Again
Corvette Racing in Canada: Double Podium Finish in GTLM for Corvette C7.Rs
Corvette Racing at Watkins Glen: Steamy Runner-Up for Garcia, Magnussen