Are you ready for the L88 EXPLOSION?
The folks at Bloomington Gold have arranged the largest collection of L88 Corvettes ever to be on display this weekend when Bloomington Gold comes to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The 2018 L88 EXPLOSION display will celebrate the L88’s production from 1967-1969 and pays homage to previous Bloomington Gold L88 gatherings in 1988, 1998 and 2008’s L88 INVASION.
This is a great opportunity to get up close to these rare Corvettes, many of which are valued a million dollars or more!
What Exactly is an L88 Corvette?
The L88 is an option package created by the late Zora Arkus-Duntov, Corvette’s famous Chief Engineer, for Chevrolet dealers to offer their special customers. The L88 equipped Corvette would not only win local competitions but be competitive at National events such as the Sebring 12 Hour and Daytona 24 Hour endurance races. The package featured a special 427 engine, close-ratio 4-speed transmission, cold air induction hood, and heavy duty brakes and suspension. In the three years the L88 was offered, 1967, 1968 & 1969, only 216 were built! The rarest of the rare! Bloomington Gold’s L88 EXPLOSION will present the largest collection ever of these ultra high-performance machines … an event you won’t want to miss!
The Special Collection of over 50 L88 Corvettes will be one of the main draws at the show this year. The festivities kick off on Thursday afternoon with a special introduction of the L88 Corvettes and their owners. On Friday, join the L88s for a walk-around presentation by the owners, and then on Saturday morning, there will be a panel discussion featuring owners and experts. The L88 Explosion will culminate on Saturday afternoon when these special Corvettes take two high-speed laps around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Here’s the official schedule of events for the L88 Explosion:
L88 EXPLOSION Schedule of Events – L88 Pavilion
Thursday, June 21
- 8:00am -6:00pm: Display Open
- 2:30pm: Meet the L88’s
Join us in the L88 Pavilion for a Welcome Reception as we meet the L88’s, their owners, and some of the original drivers!
Friday, June 22
- 8:00am-6:00pm: Display Open
- 1:00pm: Roar and Peace – Exclusive showing of the movie that focuses on the L88 and its era.
- 2:00pm: L88 Walk Around – Learn more about the history of these rare vehicles, their value, interesting stories and more!
This seminar will be held in the Hagerty Lounge in the L88 Pavilion.
Saturday, June 23
- 8:00am – 2:00pm: Display Open
- 10:00am: L88 Panel Discussion Learn more about the history of these rare vehicles, their value, interesting stories and more! This seminar will be held in the Hagerty Lounge in the L88 Pavilion.
- 1:15pm: L88 Parade Staging-Vehicles will begin to leave the L88 Pavilion and line up along Gasoline Alley.
- 2:30pm: L88’s enter track for two laps. Seating will be available in the grandstands for attendees to view this event!
The Corvette Dream Giveaway Will Show Grand Prize Lingenfelter Corvettes at Bloomington Gold
[GOLD POLL]: What’s Your Favorite Bloomington Gold Event?
Bloomington Gold to Feature 2019 Corvette ZR1 Ride-Alongs During GoldSpeed Event
WeatherTech Named New Title Sponsor of Bloomington Gold