Late Friday night the official 2018 Corvette Order Guide hit the web and gave us all the juicy details on the 2018 Corvette. One of the highlights for the model year is a new special edition called the Carbon 65. This morning, Chevrolet released the first images of the new Corvette.
The Carbon 65’s exterior is called Ceramic Matrix Gray and many enthusiasts that took a look at the Order Guide over the weekend were not all that happy about the addition of another Gray exterior color. But Ceramic Matrix Gray is at the other end of the gray color spectrum and looks nothing close to Watkins Glen Gray which is returning in 2018 as well. In fact, this could be that tri-color or eggshell color that many enthusiasts have been wanting. We will have a better idea when we see the car in person later this month at the NCM Bash.
The Carbon 65 Edition features many carbon fiber exterior elements which include the visible carbon fiber rockers and splitter, the visible carbon fiber hood and visible carbon fiber roof (for coupes, convertibles will get a blue top). Inside the interior is the Jet Back Suede that is now available outside the limited Design Package from 2017. Other notable additions are the blue brake calipers, and inside is blue stitching on the leather interior and a new carbon fiber-rimmed steering wheel.
Special exterior graphics appear on the door and front fenders proclaiming the car as the “Carbon 65”.
Chevrolet says the Carbon 65 commemorates the 65th Anniversary of the Corvette and will be offered on the 2018 3LT Grand Sport and 2018 3LZ Z06.
“Corvette is one of the most storied names in Chevrolet and sports car history, with a heritage few can match,” said Paul Edwards, U.S. vice president Chevrolet Marketing. “The new Carbon 65 Edition honors that legacy, while offering customers another unique, special-edition model that personalizes the ownership experience.”
The Carbon 65 Edition package (order code Z30) will include:
- Available on Grand Sport 3LT and Z06 3LZ trims
- Ceramic Matrix Gray exterior (blue top on Convertibles)
- Unique fender stripes and door graphics
- Black wheels with machined grooves paired with summer-only tires* (Cup-style wheels for Grand Sport and Blade-style wheels for Z06)
- Blue brake calipers
- Visible carbon-fiber ground effects, hood section and roof (Coupe models) or tonneau inserts (Convertible models)
- New visible carbon-fiber spoiler (all models) and quarter intake ducts (Coupe)
- Center caps with Carbon logo
- Carbon Flash badges and outside mirrors
- Jet Black suede-wrapped interior with blue stitching
- Carbon-fiber steering wheel rim and gloss carbon-fiber interior trim
- Competition Sport seats
- Carbon 65 Edition sill plates
The Carbon 65 package will be limited to 650 vehicles total at a cost of $15,000 for the package. Some of the 650 cars will be offered for export which will limit domestic sales even further.
Chevrolet says the Carbon 65 will be available this summer “along with the rest of the 2018 Corvette line-up”. Hmm, wonder if that last statement was pointed at those wanting the 2018 ZR1?
Here are the first official photos of the Carbon 65 Edition:
The Order Guide is Out and the ‘Carbon 65’ Package is the New Special Edition for 2018 Corvette
Key Dates for 2018 Corvette Production
Important End Of Model Year Deadlines for 2017 Corvette Production