This year marks the 25th Anniversary of the National Corvette Museum and it’s going to be an anniversary event for the history books! Over 10,000 Corvette enthusiasts are expected to converge in Bowling Green the last week of August as part of the National Corvette Caravan leading up to the annual anniversary event.
The fact that this is the NCM’s 25th Anniversary makes this a significant milestone event, but added to the significance is that it comes on the heals of Corvette’s most anticipated reveal, the mid-engine 2020 Corvette Stingray!
Here’s a preview of activities that will take place during the three-day event, Thursday, August 29 through Saturday, August 31.
The Corvette Team, consisting of engineers and design team members including Tadge Juechter, Harlan Charles, and Kirk Bennion, will be on hand throughout the event to share information and answer questions about the mid-engine 2020 Corvette Stingray. C8s will be on display and seminars will be presented so enthusiasts can learn the latest about the all-new 2020 Corvette.
A number of seminars will be offered and are included with registration. Some of the seminars offered over the course of the three-day event include:
- 2020 Corvette Stingray Overview
- What’s New at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant with Plant Manager, Kai Spande
- Question & Answer with the Corvette Mechanic, Paul Koerner
- The Beginning of the NCM
- History of NCRS and Corvette
- The Best of Andy Pilgrim
- NCRS Matrix Judging
- Michelin – Tech Talk
- Exxon Mobil – Tech Talk
The NCM has lined up three unforgettable evenings as well:
Thursday evening will feature a Jefferson Starship concert at the Museum’s outdoor amphitheater followed by a fireworks show. This event is included in registration.
Friday evening features the annual Corvette Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Banquet. Hall of Fame inductees for 2019 are Dollie Cole (enthusiast), Briggs Cunningham (racing), and Tom Peters (GM/Chevrolet). (This event is sold out.) In addition to the Hall of Fame Banquet, the NCM is also offering Dinner & Dancing Downtown on Friday night featuring dinner and music by Bueler’s Day Off.
Saturday evening wraps up the 25th Anniversary Celebration with a “Party Like It’s 1994” mixer, complete with food, music, and more. (This event is sold out.) Another Saturday night offering is the “Saturday Get Down” at the La Gala event venue in downtown Bowling Green where guests will enjoy dinner and dancing with Bowling Green’s own Tyrone Dunn & the Kinfolk.
A host of other fun and exciting activities scheduled throughout the event include:
- Daily Motorsports Park Touring Sessions where you can drive YOUR Corvette on the track at the NCM’s Motorsports Park.
- Karting at the NCM Motorsports Park ($20 per person for an 8-minute session).
- Kentucky State Police Escorted Scenic Drives to Mammoth Cave National Park.
- Book Signings and Autograph Sessions with Dave McLellan, Wil & Liz Cooksey, Kevin Mackey, Larry Herrin, the GM Corvette Team, and both past and 2019 Hall of Fame inductees!
- Raffle drawings for a 2019 Shadow Gray Grand Sport Coupe, the 2020 Corvette Stingray VIN 0025, and a Build Your Own 2020 Corvette Stingray!
- Two on-site auctions featuring a wide variety of Corvette memorabilia (a silent auction and a live auction).
- Car demonstrations and walk-arounds of the NCM’s 1953 Corvette that was donated by Ray Quinlan and the V-12 Falconer.
- A Ladies’ Oasis in Victory Lane on Friday and Saturday.
- A “Bourbon Trail” contest for those who venture off to the area’s bourbon distilleries.
- Carnival Games and More!
And last but not least, the best in Corvette vendors will be on hand with all of the hottest new Corvette products. The National Corvette Museum Store and National Corvette Museum Insurance Agency will be open throughout the event. A number of additional vendors planning to be on-location include:
- Kim’s Gold Dust
- Dana Forrester
- Adam’s Polishes
- Corsa Exhaust
- XPEL Paint Protection Film
- Bloomington Gold
- SunTek Paint Protection Film
- NCCC & NCRS
Even though online registration is closed, onsite registration will be available starting Tuesday, August 27. Onsite registration is $35 for Lifetime NCM Members, $45 for NCM Members, and $70 for Non-Members. Reserved parking at the NCM is sold out, but free parking on grass areas around the NCM as well as on the concrete lot at the Motorsports park will be available. Shuttle bus service will be provided via 56 passenger coach buses between the NCM and the Motorsports Park Wednesday, August 28, through Saturday, August 31. And you can enjoy meals on site at the Corvette Café inside the NCM or from one of the many food vendors that will be located on the NCM grounds.
For more information about the NCM’s 25th Anniversary Celebration, visit the NCM Anniversary Celebration page.
We hope to see you there!
National Corvette Museum
Corvette Museum is Offering Limited Plant Tours During the NCM’s 25th Anniversary Event
Corvette Museum to Celebrate 25th Anniversary with the 6th National Corvette Caravan
Register Now for the Corvette Museum’s 25th Anniversary HPDE at the Motorsports Park