The December 2017 issue of Car and Driver is now out and it features the 2019 Corvette ZR1 on the cover! The ZR1 is listed with 750-hp and as a coincidence, this just happens to be the 750th issue of Car and Driver magazine.
Updated: Here are some initial specs: Corvette ZR1’s LT5 is 750-hp/680 lb-ft of torque. Chevy claims a top speed of greater than 210 mph. Oh, it shoots fire out the exhaust. Car and Driver estimates $120K but pricing info is not official at this time. More specs listed below.
This is all coming together as mentioned in yesterday’s ZRI to be Revealed in Dubai post…
Looks pretty good in the new Sebring Orange tintcoat!! More details when available…
Here’s a couple photos from inside the Car and Driver article. Notice that the engine cover has the same “Corvette LT5” design that was shared by Rick Conti:
A quick recap of the specs listed in the Car and Driver article:
- Starting price expected to be around $120k
- 7-speed manual and 8-speed automatic
- 1/2″ wider than Z06 front wheels
- Mag Ride standard
- Carbon Ceramic Brakes
- 750hp/680 lb-ft LT5 (6.2L, pushrod V8, Eaton supercharger)
- Supercharger produces 52% more air per RPM than the Z06 blower, also 2.9″ taller.
- Because of the hood height, car cannot be sold in Europe
- Tadge claims the ZR1 can shoot flames out from its exhaust
- NEW fuel delivery system- BOTH PORT INJECTION AND DIRECT INJECTION
- sub 3 second 0-60, sub 11 second 1/4 mile, 210+ mph top speed
- 4 additional heat exchangers (comparing to Z06) in the nose
- Curb weight 3664 lbs, 140 lbs over Z06
- Several aero packages available, RPO “ZTK” as shown in the magazine. Wing has 10 degrees of adjustability, contributing to 500 lbs of downforce at speed.
- Wing is attached behind the hatch and spreads the load to the bumper beam.
- Smaller Wing is Standard
- Removable top
- 2.5 seconds faster around VIR than Z06
Hat tip to Nate Chandler from Van Bortel Chevrolet for the info!
2019 Corvette ZR1 Reveal Planned for Dubai Motor Show with US Debut in L.A.
SPIED: Looks Like the 2018 Corvette ZR1 Will Have An Exposed Supercharger
SPIED: 2018 Corvette ZR1 Convertible Spotted with a Big Wing for the First Time