When it comes to rare Corvettes we tend to gravitate towards the older models like the 1963 Z06’s, 1967-1969 L88’s, and 1957 airbox fuelies. We tend to ignore some of the more recent limited run Corvette models as they haven’t quite yet found their place in Corvette history.
Flashback to the 2008-2009 timeframe when GM was teetering on the edge of and finally fell into bankruptcy. As the C6 was growing long in the tooth rumors of Corvette’s demise began to swirl. In order to keep the current Corvette relevant GM released a series of limited edition models. If you’ve been kicking yourself for not grabbing one of those low production cars, Dan Kruse Classics has got you covered this weekend in Austin, Texas.
As part of the 42nd annual Hill Country Classic they are offering 10 virtually brand new limited production Corvettes all at no reserve. All of the cars have mileage ranging from 7 to 265 miles and come from one private collection. The majority of the cars sport mileage in the teens and low 20’s. The 10 collection consists of two 2009 Competition Sport Editions, six 2009 GT1 Championship Editions, along with one 2009 ZR1 and one 2010 ZR1.
Dan Kruse talks about the impressive collection in this video preview of the Hill Country Classic Auction:
Here’s the complete list of the no reserve Corvette collection:
- 2009 Coupe Competition Sport #42 – 17 miles
- 2009 Z06 Competition Sport #38 – 38 miles
- 2009 Z06 GT1 Championship Edition Yellow – 20 miles
- 2009 Z06 GT1 Championship Edition Yellow – 31 miles
- 2009 Z06 GT1 Championship Edition Black – 38 miles
- 2009 Z06 GT1 Black – 20 miles
- 2009 Convertible GT1 Championship Edition Black – 13 miles
- 2009 Convertible GT1 Championship Edition Yellow – 20 miles
- 2009 ZR1 Gray – 265 miles
- 2010 ZR1 Yellow – 7 miles
The no reserve C6 Corvette collection will be selling at 3pm this Saturday, September 10th at the Hill Country Classic Auction in Austin, Texas. For more information check out dankruseclassics.com.
Dan Kruse Classics