General Motors North American President Mark Reuss will drive the 2014 Corvette Stingray pace car at this weekend’s “Indy Dual in Detroit”. The Indy Dual in Detroit races include the Grand-AM and IndyCar races on Belle Isle this Saturday and Sunday.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
The National Corvette Museum welcomed a special visitor today. Rutledge Wood, co-host of Top Gear USA on the History Channel and a reporter for SPEED TV made a personal video to the NCM and toured the exhibits. During the visit, Corvette Assembly Plant Manager Dave Tatman brought over a new Velocity Yellow 2014 Corvette Stingray and we were told that Wood was “blown away” by the new C7.
Over the last few days, we’ve been discussing the final horsepower numbers for the 2014 Corvette Stingray’s revolutionary new V8 engine. Mixed messages and leaked docs pointed to that number being 455 HP, and it turns out that’s correct, however, GM today finally made it official by saying the new Stingray Coupe actually makes more than that when equipped with the optional performance exhaust.
Here’s what may be the most heartwarming story yet about the seventh generation Corvette.
It’s a story about a dying Corvette enthusiast and the amazing love that his family and friends – along with total strangers and a massive corporation – showed him in the final weeks of his life.
Yesterday we filled you in on what we thought was a typo listing the official horsepower of the 2014 Corvette Stingray as 455 hp in the official press release naming 49ers Coach Jim Harbaugh as the driver of the Corvette Stingray Indy 500 pace car.
Well, some more digging on GM’s media site has turned up two PDF documents which say the Corvette Stingray Coupe – both manual and automatic transmissions – will have 455 horsepower and 460 lb.-ft torque. The two PDFs for the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible – both manual and automatics – still list the estimated numbers of 450 hp and 450 lb.-ft torque.
In yesterday’s official announcement from GM that named 49ers Coach Jim Harbaugh as the official driver of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Pace Car for the Indy 500, there was a paragraph that described the known performance specs for the new C7 sports car. According to the release, the 6.2L LT1 V8 makes 455 horsepower, not the 450 estimated hp that we’ve been told since the engine’s unveiling last fall.
Earlier this month we learned the 2014 Corvette Stingray would be pacing the 97th running of the Indianapolis 500 and now we know who will be driving the Laguna Blue Stingray. Jim Harbaugh, coach of the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers has been named the official pace car driver and will lead the 33 Indy Cars and their drivers to the Green Flag this Sunday afternoon.
No more will you be seeing auto transports rolling down the road filled with colorful Corvettes from the Bowling Green Assembly Plant. GM will be transporting the new 2014 Corvette Stingrays to dealers with a special new cover to help protect the new cars as they are in transit.
Our friend Adam Boca is at the Lone Star Classic Corvette show on behalf of the NCM Insurance Agency and the National Corvette Museum. Earlier today he tweeted that a Lime Rock Green C7 Corvette would be making an appearance at the Corvette show. And now we see that the first video showing the newest green Stingray has been uploaded to facebook.