While in Detroit for the 1.13.13 reveal and the North American International Auto Show, we talked with Craig Sass who was the Interior Design Manager on the C7 Corvette. Craig and his team were responsible for totally redesigning the interior of the Stingray. To say they were challenged in this task would be an understatement based on the constant criticism of the C6 Corvette’s interior. But now that the 2014 Corvette Stingray has been revealed, the interior design team has earned high praise and respect for taking the interior space of the Stingray to a whole new level.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
Velocity Yellow has always been a popular color with Corvette enthusiasts during the C6 years and Chevy has carried over the color to the 2014 Corvette Stingray. Out in Arizona where it seems all the “EX” validation Corvettes are testing right now, a yellow Corvette Stingray was spotted working out with a black and Laguna Blue Corvette.
Photo Credit: @NFL_ATL on Twitter
Remember that story about Beyonce doing the Super Bowl halftime show with the 2014 Corvette Stingray? Well, that didn’t happen.
What did happen was the red 2014 Corvette Stingray was on the field during the post game celebration but it got zero coverage by CBS Sports. And despite a tweet from Corvette’s John Fitzpatrick confirming it was the Red Corvette that was in the house, there has been no announcement from Chevrolet regarding the MVP award.
For months now, in the aftermath of the Jalopnik renderings, critics of the polarizing new C7 rear end have been threatening to perform “plastic surgery” on their own and change what the GM designers came up with.
Now it appears that those who don’t like the new treatment at the back of the 2014 Corvette Stingray can really do something about it, thanks to the folks at www.corvetteitalia.it.
The Corvette ZR1 has been praised for its brakes ever since it was introduced to the world for the 2009 model year.
That outstanding braking power has come courtesy of the Italian supplier Brembo.
After trademarking Turbo-Jet last fall, it appears that GM has dusted off another legendary term. GM Authority reported late last week that General Motors has recently been given approval to use a pair of different L88 trademarks. The two requests were filed in August and September 2012 respectively and final approval was given on January 15th of this year.
Other than the original 1960′s Batmobile, no other car captured the attention of the crowds at the 2013 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction like the 2014 Corvette Stingray. As it worked its way through the throng of bidders and spectators and made its way up on the auction block, Adam and Dylan from Adam’s Premium Polishes were there to make sure the Stingray was ready for its TV appearance with Adam’s officially licensed Corvette Detail spray and Adam’s Double Soft microfiber towels.
While we sit back and wonder what the new C7.R race car from Corvette Racing and Pratt & Miller will look like, a talented graphic artist has already unveiled his vision of the car that will be based on the recently unveiled 2014 Corvette Stingray.
Remember those teaser videos GM put out in advance of the 1.13.13 reveal? Chevy has released a new Corvette Stingray video on youtube and if you were paying attention, you would have seen some of that video was used in the first video teaser called CONCEPTION which dealt with the exterior design and aerodynamics testing. Now you can see the entire video which indeed shows the C7 Corvette Stingray.