As the holidays draw to a cold and snowy close, being an avid Corvette lover, your thoughts wander to the Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic coupe safely tucked away under the custom car cover in your garage and wander briefly what color the new C7 will be when it is unveiled on January 13th in Detroit. Like many Corvette “car guys” you’ve thought about several details of what the new generation of cars would look like and how they would perform compared to your C6. More than once you cursed yourself for being too late to purchase one of the hundred and fifty $995 tickets the National Corvette Museum sold to be one of the privileged few at the formal introduction of Chevrolet’s halo car to the media.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
With just over a week to go until the reveals on January 13th and 14th, Corvette enthusiasts are beginning to dance around like a 4 year who urgently needs to use the restroom. The anticipation grows as each day of the calendar flips over. Forbes Magazine chimed in Monday with their take on the highly anticipated 2014 C7 Corvette. The good news is that you don’t have to wait another week to see what Forbes had to say after the break.
Last year it was announced that General Motors would not be advertising during the Super Bowl game due to the growing costs of the coveted commercial spots. After all, a :30 second spot is fetching upwards of $4 million during the most watched TV event of the year. But a new report from The Detroit Bureau is saying that Chevy may be looking to get back into the game, but will swap advertising costs for product placement. As for the product to be placed, its none other than the 2014 C7 Corvette.
By now, you’ve probably seen the leaked drawings showing the rear end of what appears to be the next-generation Corvette. You’ve probably watched the video mistakenly released by the company that will make the front bumper of the C7. And you no doubt laid eyes on the much-discussed rendering of the 2014 Corvette that was posted on Jalopnik months ago.
Our Christmas tradition continues with our 8th annual salute to Christmas through the eyes of a Corvette enthusiast. This year, Rick Tavel did a bit of a rewrite to the holiday classic and we think you’ll agree it’s very fitting with the reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette just weeks away.
We’d like to wish everyone who visits CorvetteBlogger a very Merry Christmas and Christmas wishes go out to the men and women serving our country in the armed forces both home and abroad. God Bless you all!
On Sunday evening, Corvette Forum member “Blue Ox” promised a Christmas gift for those that follow the C7 threads and then proceeded to post a bevy of images that appear to come from a service manual or user’s guide.
Last week a similar image of the C7′s nose was leaked.
Included in the image dump is a definitive view of the C7 Corvette’s rear end, an interior drawing showing the drivers cockpit and there is an actual gauge photo too. But that’s not all as some specific features of the C7 have been detailed as well.
Ever since the C7 Corvette has been mentioned, we’ve heard how General Motors and Chevrolet wanted to appeal to a younger audience with the car as it heads into more than 60 years of production.
That premise has carried over to the final stages before the seventh generation is unveiled to the public on Jan. 13, 2013 in Detroit.
Clay Dean, global director of advanced design at GM, recently explained the background behind Chevrolet’s decision to work with a game designer and allow the use of a camouflaged C7 in a game before the real car is even available to drive.
It looks like it will happen, Barrett-Jackson will auction off a C7 Corvette at their Scottsdale auction on Saturday, January 19th at 8:30 PM. It appears the good people at Barrett-Jackson are using the same diversionary tactics they used last year when they sold the 2013 Number 1 VIN 427 Convertible.