C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
Editor’s note: We posted this video from our new CorvetteVideos.TV website onto our Facebook page Saturday night. The video generated a lot of comments about the direction of the new Corvettes rear end design so we wanted to share it with our non-facebook friends as well.
For months now, the Internet has been abuzz over the rear end of the seventh-generation Corvette.
Some old-timers have made no secret that they don’t care much for the move away from the traditional round tail lamps that have been on the Corvette since 1963 (though some C4s had rectangular lights and the C5 had ovals).
Tom Peters, design director for the 2014 Corvette Stingray, recently took a few moments to talk with Autoweek to explain his team’s thinking as they designed the rear of the car.
The 2014 Corvette Stingray made its first visit to the Southeast United States this weekend where it was on display at the Amelia Island Concours D’Elegance. The Stingray Coupe was situated on the grounds of the Ritz Carlton’s golf course and it was joined by white versions of Corvettes from each of the previous C1-C6 generations.
You couldn’t blame Harlan Charles for pinching himself every now and then, just to make sure he’s not dreaming.
As a child, he loved reading the sports car books that his father would bring to him from Europe.
When you drop the top on the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible, there’s no denying that this new sports car is all Corvette. We especially like the dual black accent panels on the rear deck behind the seat backs. Returning from the C6 Corvette is the sports car’s signature “waterfall” design which brings the exterior into the interior between the two seats.
Following the reveal of the Stingray Convertible early Tuesday morning in Geneva, Chevrolet has added to its collection of official Corvette Stingray Convertible photos and one of the images includes this animated gif of the top going up and down.
Like any popular rock star, the 2014 Corvette is on tour to showcase its latest release. After last weekend’s West Coast stop at the Petersen Automotive Museum, the C7 Corvette will be heading to the East Coast were it will be shown at the prestigious Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance in Florida on March 8th – 10th. This year’s show will be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 1963 Sting Ray in addition to showing off the new 7th generation Corvette.
Ferrari has just unveiled its newest “supercar”, LaFerrari, at the Geneva Auto Show. This is the same show that the C7 Corvette convertible will be introduced. The new Ferrari is powered by a V12 engine that produces 800 HP and is supplemented by and electric motor which adds another 163 HP bringing the total to a staggering 963 HP. LaFerrari, which means “The Ferrari” in Italian, is their first gasoline electric hybrid model.
Chevy hasn’t been forthcoming about what, if any, tricks are up its sleeve to increase the horsepower in future renditions of the C7.
We’ve been left to hope that the much beloved Z06 and ZR1 will live on in the new generation of the Corvette.
Now comes a little more hope for at least a ZR1, thanks to a photo taken by Car and Driver as the Stingray convertible prepared to make its debut in Geneva this week. The magazine reports that a close examination of photos after returning to the office reveals a PSI gauge in the instrument cluster of the subject convertible that is similar to the one in the current supercharged C6 ZR1.