Earlier this month, players of Sony PlayStation’s Gran Turismo 5 spotted the Camouflaged C7 Corvette as a screensaver and speculation was that the car would be revealed after the real-life C7 Corvette was publically displayed on 1.13.13. Well, the surprise was on us as Chevrolet and Sony annouced that gamers would be allowed the first-of-its-kind driving experience by offering the Camouflaged C7 test Corvette for download and driving today on Gran Turismo 5.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
It isn’t even here yet, but the C7 Corvette continues to stimulate the economy.
Corvette Assembly Plant Manager Dave Tatman announced this week that the GM plant in Bowling Green, Ky., will be hiring 170 workers for periods ranging from four to 18 months.
Article contributed by Rick Tavel
As many of you probably realize, preparations for Barrett-Jackson’s world famous January collector car auction are already underway in Scottsdale, Arizona. This year’s auction is January 13 through 20. The magnitude of this auction requires Craig Jackson and his team to begin preparing for their flagship Scottsdale auction almost a year in advance.
Last month’s unveiling of the new Gen 5 LT1 V8 engine to the media was the culmination of five years of hard work and dedication by the small block engineering team lead by Jordan Lee, Chief Engineer and Program Manager for the small block engine family. Jordan has a long history with the fifth-generation small block engine which he recently shared on Faces of GM.
When General Motors unlocked the first video trailer called Conception from the C7 Corvette countdown site, www.one13thirteen.com, one of the memorable clips showed the GM wind tunnel and the tag line “Every Line Matters.” That of course refers to the aerodynamics of the brand new Corvette. The body has been redesigned but the redesign’s purpose was more than just providing a new look – every line, vent, inlet and surface area has been optimize to make the C7 Corvette the most aerodynamic Corvette ever.
Just in time for the holidays or for the January 13th unveiling, Zip Corvette has C7 apparel now available for order. Be among the first to wear the C7 Corvette logo on a great selection of hats, polo’s and t-shirts. There’s even a cut t-shirt for the ladies!
Pre-order your C7 apparel today and check out Zip Corvette’s online C7 catalog for even more new C7 apparel that will be added in the days ahead. Shipping will begin the week of November 26.
When the 2014 C7 Corvette becomes available next year, it’s widely believed that buyers of the all-new sports car will have their choice of a 7-speed manual or an 8-speed automatic. The new 8-speed automatic transmission will be built at GM’s Toledo, Ohio transmissions plant and is expected to be shared by Corvette, select Cadillacs and other models across the GM lineup. However, in a report yesterday at Motor Trend, sources said the new transmissions won’t be ready for another year, so GM has partnered with the Japanese company Aisin to provide the automatics for C7 Corvette’s first year of production.
The C7 Corvette continues to produce more good economic news every day, it seems.
For example, the company chosen to produce the exterior body panels and structural composite components for the highly anticipated new Corvette announced today it will expand its operations in Huntington, Indiana, creating up to 50 new jobs by 2015.