It looks like it will happen, Barrett-Jackson will auction off a C7 Corvette at their Scottsdale auction on Saturday, January 19th at 8:30 PM. It appears the good people at Barrett-Jackson are using the same diversionary tactics they used last year when they sold the 2013 Number 1 VIN 427 Convertible.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
We’ve seen a ton of examples of the 2014 C7 Corvette in coupe form, most recently from Car and Driver. But what about the convertible model that is rumored to be available a few months after the coupe begins production? Inside Line must have heard our pleas because they just put up this rendered C7 Corvette convertible in yellow with black wheels and a black top.
Here is an interesting 2014 C7 Corvette illustration which just happened to show up in the email in-box of automotive spy photographer Chris Doane, who shared the image on his facebook page. It reportedly shows a page from the C7′s forthcoming service manual and the assembly of the front brake cooling deflector kit.
One of the criticisms that has long dogged the Corvette Team throughout the C6′s production has been the perceived lack of quality in the Corvette’s interior. We’ve been hearing about the how the 2014 C7 Corvette will rectify these issues and the third video trailer released this morning on Chevy’s One13Thirteen.com countdown site takes direct aim at the C7′s new interior. Called, “CRAFT”, it sets to redefine the narrative by showing the construction of a hand-crafted interior featuring fine materials.
Less than 30 days to go until the unveiling of the 2014 C7 Corvette in Detroit. What are you doing to prepare for the arrival of America’s next great sports car? Let us know by leaving a comment on our facebook page.
If you’re wondering about the pic, it comes Corvette Forum member RussM05. He tells us that he already has a deposit down on a C7 and ordered a new license plate from the state of Texas. Texas requires a VIN when ordering a plate, so he placed it on his Le Mans Blue C6.
If you’re making similar preparations, let us know!
Car and Driver Magazine must know that Corvette owners are really pumped for the unveiling of the new C7 Corvette as they keep rolling out new digital renderings of America’s next great sports car. Here are three new 2014 C7 Corvette illustrations from C&D plus we got a cool quote from GM’s Mark Reuss who says you can tell which engineers are testing the new Corvette – they are the ones with the big smiles.