Earlier this week we had the privilege to tour the Corvette Assembly Plant in Bowling Green, KY to see how the all-new 2014 Corvette Stingray is made. While we were there, we spoke with plant manager Dave Tatman about the changes to the plant, C7 production, quality assessments and resumption of public tours which begin on October 14th.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
New fuel econonmy numbers are now available for the 2014 Corvette Stingray. Specifically, those C7s with the 6-speed automatic transmission have now been rated by the EPA as getting 16 mpg city, 28 mpg highway and 20 mpg combined.
On Sunday, Hennessey Performance ran a 2014 Corvette Stingray equipped with the Z51 package and the 6-speed auto in the quarter mile. Today, Jalopnik brings us what they are calling the first customer-owned three-pedal quarter mile. More significant we believe is that it’s the first quarter mile run by a non-Z51 C7 Corvette with a 7-speed manual transmission.
Apparently, not everyone gets as excited about getting a new Stingray as we do.
A guy tells us in this Youtube video that he’s going to surprise his girlfriend with a new black on black on black 2014 Corvette Stingray that has just arrived at Peters Chevrolet in Longview, Texas and is being checked out by the crew there to make sure all the nuts and bolts are right on the car.
Chevrolet announced on Wednesday that Bowling Green’s Corvette Assembly Plant will resume public tours of the facility beginning Monday, October 14th. The tours give Corvette enthusiasts and the general public an up-close opportunity to see how the all-new C7 Corvette Stingray is built.
Hennessey builds some of the meanest cars under the sun and now they’ve gotten their hands on the new C7. Uh oh. It probably won’t be too long before it has seven trillion (or maybe just a thousand) horsepower. But below is video of a quarter-mile run with the C7 as it was delivered to them – bone stock.
Earlier this year Callaway Cars announced the shooting brake concept of the 2014 Corvette Stingray and said if there was enough demand for the concept then it would be built. Last month at Corvettes at Carlisle, Reeves Callaway told a group of Callaway owners that the shooting brake will indeed see production.
Photo Credit: Miranda Pederson/Daily News
This day has been a long time coming for Nick George.
Now in his 30s, George started saving for a Corvette when he was just 5 years old. That dedication to Chevrolet’s sports car was rewarded today when he and his wife, Valerie, became the first customers to take delivery of a new Stingray at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green.