Just days after Ken Lingenfelter of Lingenfelter Performance Engineering said the new C7 may not be capable of producing much more than 700-hp, Hennessey Performance Engineering has announced it plans to offer two very powerful engine performance upgrades for the 2014 Corvette Stingray later this year.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
The press continues to be overwhelmingly positive for the seventh-generation Corvette, including a story this week in the Nashville Ledger.
“It looks part Ferrari, part Batmobile. But can this superhero save GM?” the story opens, with a front-page photo showing the menacing looking rear of the C7 beneath a headline, “Can this car save GM?”
Since the 1.1313 reveal, most of the recent sightings of the prototype Corvette Stingrays have been in the Arizona and California but they are also working out in winter climates as well. This Velocity Yellow 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe was spotted on some snow covered back roads in Michigan and it’s the first one we’ve seen wearing a full-body racing stripe.
By all accounts, Chevrolet has a hit on its hands with the new C7 Corvette Stingray Coupe but already the automotive journos are looking to the future as they ask what’s next for GM’s halo car.
Earlier this week was the report from Motor Trend that the C7 Corvette ZR1 could be packing 700 horsepower.
Now from Road & Track, we get the opportunity to see just what a C7 Corvette ZR1 might look like via this rendering from the talented Theo Chin/Chris Doane Automotive.
Tuners have had a field day with the LS family of V8 engines from General Motors, improving their performance levels to pull upwards of an amazing 1,000-hp from them in some cases.
Now that the LT1 motor has upped the ante to at least 450-hp in the base Stingray for the 2014 model year, tuners should be able to get even higher numbers than they are with the current LS1 motor, right?
Not so fast, warns Ken Lingenfelter of renowned Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.
The 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe has only been out for a month and now the rumor mill is back in full swing with discussions about the performance variants of the C7. Motor Trend has suggested that the next generation Corvette Z06 may have up to 600 horsepower while the King of the Hill Corvette ZR1 could be pushing 700 horses or more.
Are these GM engineers and their pre-production Stingray Corvettes everywhere? Here is a black 2014 Corvette Stingray that was spotted in the San Diego area this weekend by some Camaro enthusiasts and their pics were are posted on Corvette7.com. The Camaro guys say they blocked the exits of a parking lot so they could talk with the driver who is none other than Jim Mero.
We’ve only been able to see a few colors of actual C7 Corvettes in the flesh, including the Laguna Blue Stingray that holds the dubious distinction of apparently becoming the first crash victim a few days ago.
For fans of the seventh-generation Corvette who are counting down the months until they can actually go to their dealer and pick up their pride and joy (hopefully in the third quarter of this year), Chevrolet has unveiled a color configurator just for you.
In the latest installment of the 2014 Corvette Stingray preview videos from Chevrolet, the focus is on the engineering and specifically the aluminum frame that is now produced in the new body shop at the Corvette Assembly Plant in Bowling Green.
The 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe is on display now at the Chicago Auto Show, but the crowds and the partition they have around the turntable make it hard to get up close and personal with the new sports car. Lucky for us, 360revo.com is here to help and they’ve teamed with the Chicago Auto Show to bring you a 360 degree look at the new Stingray both inside and out.