Someone once said there are two kinds of Corvette owners – drivers and polishers. We all know that keeping your Corvette looking as good as the day it rolled off the showroom floor is an unstated rule of Corvette ownership and that’s what leads us to our question of the day. How do you wash your Corvette?
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
Many of us have reported seeing new Corvette Stingrays on a hauler going down the highway on their way to some lucky owners.
But here’s something that might be a first: a 2014 Stingray aboard an airplane!
Forgiato Wheels has recently shown off a rendering of a widebody C7 Corvette Stingray that the company is building for the SEMA show next month in Las Vegas. The Corvette is being modified by Topo aka the self-proclaimed widebody king. The render shows what the finished Corvette will look like when finished but we also found some pics showing the transformation in progress.
When I was younger, I dated a girl who took great pride in telling everyone she had a ‘Vette.
Then she would mumble under her breath that it actually was a “Che-vette.”
Wendy Griffith of Sugar Land, Texas can relate.
Our friend in Texas who originally provided us the video and photos has now requested that they be removed and we have done so. We apologize to our readers.
– Keith Cornett, CorvetteBlogger.com
SAVE THE STINGRAYS!
Last night we learned about a strange incident at the Texas State Fair where a participant at the Chevy Ride and Drive event crashed into two Corvette Stingrays with the back of 2014 Impala. We now have some more details from someone that was at the event and saw the crash first hand and told us that isn’t entirely accurate.
Photo Credit: Jalopnik
We’re debuting a new tag tonight called “SAVE THE STINGRAYS”. We think it’s only proper given the fact that learned tonight about another two or three C7 Corvettes that were taken out in a case of Bow-tie on Bow-tie violence in Texas.
According to Jalopnik, things got interesting at the Chevy Ride and Drive event on Wednesday afternoon at the Texas State Fair after an unidentified driver in the 2014 Impala hit two or three 2014 Corvette Stingrays, damaging at least two of the C7s as well as the Impala.
Can’t wait for the Corvette Team to release the Nurburgring video with the 2014 Corvette Stingray. The Camaro Z/28 with the 7.0L LS7 505 hp V8 ran a fast 7:37.47, 4 seconds faster than the Camaro ZL1.
We all would love to have a brand new 2014 Corvette Stingray. If you don’t want to plunk down the $52,000 admission fee you’ve got another option. Toys R Us is giving a new Corvette Stingray. Even better, there’s also a chance to win a Power Wheels Corvette Stingray as well.
Earlier this month we provided the factory details about the recommended procedures for properly breaking in your 2014 Corvette Stingray. Those procedures are based on reaching 200, 500 and 1500 miles. As more and more Stingrays end up in customers hands, we found out that GM provides a visual clue on the tachometer in regards to the 500 mile break-in process.