Last week we attended the New York Auto Show and were able to see the new 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible. It made its American debut wearing Night Race Blue with the 3LT Brownstone interior. While We were very impressed by the new convertible model and its distinct “Corvette” profile, it was the interior that had us wagging our tongues. If you were impressed by the previous C7 interiors you’ve seen, the 3LT Brownstone redefines the standard of luxury available on the new Corvette.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
A couple weeks back, we showed you the C7-based Callaway Shooting Brake Concept called the Aerowagon and its design really turned a lot of heads. But the designers at the Old Lyme, Connecticut tuning shop weren’t finished yet with us. For April Fools Day, Callaway introduces a matching trailer called the AeroWagonette – a new take on how to transport “bothersome” kids when you only have a two-seat sports car.
On Wednesday afternoon at the 2013 New York Auto Show, Chevrolet held its press conference to show off its new performance car lineup. As the crowd of journalists crowded into the North Hall of the Javits Center, we figured something special was in progress when Chevy reps started handing out ear plugs.
The presentation got started with a very loud video showing highlights of Chevrolet racing on the bowtie jumbo-tron. With the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe positioned in the middle of the stage under the bowtie, GM’s North American President Mark Reuss addressed the crowd.
Dispelling the recent rumors that the new C7 Corvette Stingray’s starting price will be approaching or topping $70K, Alan Taylor, automotive journalist and TV personality, said the new Corvette Convertible will retail for about $60K. During a segment on ABC’s popular morning TV show, “LIVE with Kelly and Michael”, Taylor introduced and literally uncovered several of the new cars being displayed and unveiled at the New York Auto Show this week.
A few weeks prior to the Geneva Motor Show, the folks over at Edmunds got a sneak peak of the new C7 convertible Michigan. During their visit they also spoke to GM’s Director of Exterior Design, Tom Peters. In the 4 and a half minute video after the break, Peters and Edmunds’ Alistair Weaver discuss the merits of the all new topless Corvette.
Maybe it pays to be a lawmaker in Washington, D.C., at least if you are a Corvette enthusiast.
Legislators got a special treat Thursday when General Motors CEO and Chairman Dan Akerson showed up on Capitol Hill with a special treat – a Cyber Gray 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe.
This year’s NCM Bash will offer Corvette enthusiasts a special excuse to head to Bowling Green for the annual event that traditionally offers the first in-person look at the new models.
So if you’re tired of just drooling over photos of the C7 on the Internet, here’s your first chance to get up close to real 2014 Corvette Stingray coupes and convertibles – plus have a chance to hear many members of the Chevrolet team who were behind this marvel of design and engineering.
The Bash, set for April 25-27, will help the museum kick off the 2013 event season.
The 2014 Corvette Stingray made its West Coast debut at the big 60th Anniversary Corvette Celebration at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles a couple of weekends ago, and there for the occasion were several Corvette notables, including designer Kirk Bennion.
Bennion took a few moments to talk with a reporter from the L.A. Times to discuss his efforts on what is just the seventh generation of the 60-year-old sports car.
It seems that where ever the 2014 Corvette Stingray goes, there’s an unveiling. Last weekend in the Corvette Corral tent at the 12 Hours of Sebring wasn’t any different.
With Corvette Chief Engineer beginning his discussion about the next generation car, Corvette Product Manager Harlan Charles and Corvette Assembly Plant Manager Dave Tatman pulled the cover off the Cyber Gray Corvette Stingray Coupe to a huge round of applause (and a few tears) from the enthusiasts in the crowd.