Our friends at Corsa Performance and the Corvette Cleveland club are hosting their 11th Annual Corvettes at CORSA car show this Sunday, July 28th. The event is free for spectators and runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Organizers are expecting about 250 Corvettes to attend including the 2014 Corvette Stingray.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
Looks like several of the automotive magazines and websites got their chance to drive the 2014 Corvette Stingray recently as we’ve saw a number of tweets hit just after 5:00 pm ET today with links to articles and videos by the likes of Edmunds, Motor Trend and Automobile Magazine.
The testing was held at GM’s proving grounds and Edmunds provides this video showing the new Stingray undergoing instrumented track testing which includes 0-60, quarter mile, braking, slalom, and skidpad.
We heard the exhaust in person on a pair of Corvette Stingrays that were the hit of the Bash at the National Corvette Museum back in April and loved the beautiful – and very different – sounds emanating from both cars as they were driven out of the museum.
Now Autoblog.com has posted a video that shows three different sounds coming from the same Stingray, courtesy of the optional dual mode performance exhaust, available at a cost of $1,195.
A Japanese company that is the world’s largest maker of carbon fibers has bought 20 percent of the supplier that will be producing two carbon fiber body panels for the 2014 Corvette Stingray.
The move by Tokyo-based Toray Industries Inc., to buy a minority stake in Michigan-based Plasan is a bid to expand its carbon fiber composite material business globally in the automotive field.
Two of Chevrolet’s brains behind the scene say they believe the 2014 Corvette Stingray accomplished all its goals, with nothing left behind on the cutting-room floor.
“I don’t think there was anything,” says Roger Clark, senior manager energy center. “We got virtually everything we needed in the Stingray, and we’re absolutely delighted with the results to be honest.”
Bala Murthy, lead engineer for energy integration, agrees. “I think this vehicle was planned very well from its introduction, and we didn’t really have to go and scrap anything at the last minute.”
Last week we told you that two C7 Corvette Stingrays were headed to Europe for testing in Germany, Switzerland, France and Holland as part of GM’s standard quality control. Chevrolet Europe’s technical manager Patrick Herrmann has been tasked to lead the tests and as a special bonus, he will be sharing his experiences on social media.
Herrmann was recently interviewed for a video to be posted on Faces of GM and as you’ll see, he is pretty excited about his latest project.
Last night at the Major League Baseball All Star game at Citi Field, the Yankees relief pitcher Mariano Rivera did what he’s been doing for the last 15 years – closing out games. Entering the game and taking the mound in the 8th inning to the tune of “Enter Sandman“, the reliever shut down the National League and helped the American League win the mid-summer classic for the first time since 2009.
For his efforts, Mo Rivera was awarded the Ted Williams MVP award and takes home the keys to a Lagnua Blue 2014 Corvette Stingray.
Corvette’s Interior Design Manager Ryan Vaughan recently took an Arctic White 2014 Corvette Stingray on a cross country trip from Michigan to Tampa, Florida. No, he didn’t stop by the CorvetteBlogger Compound while in town, but he did upload some pictures of his journey online.