For the 63rd time, gearheads assembled in Detroit for the annual automotive spectacle known as Autorama. Like the groundhog that doesn’t see its shadow, Autorama signals that spring time and the car show and cruising seasons are right around the corner. Thousands of cars – customized, restored, and factory originals alike – invade Cobo Hall each year in hopes of taking home one of the many awards.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
The ultimate experience for a Corvette enthusiast would have to be taking delivery of their new car at the National Corvette Museum.
Knowing how crazy we Corvette fans are about our favorite car, the NCM started the R8C museum delivery program in September 1995 where customers could order a Corvette from their dealer and then pick it up at the Museum, right across from the assembly plant in Bowling Green, Ky.
Well, needless to say, the program has been a smashing success. In fact, today the Museum celebrated quite a milestone – welcoming their 10,000th participant in the Museum delivery program!
If you’re in the Houston area and have done a couple of Corvette shows, you have probably seen Steve and Lou Ann Pond’s bright yellow 2007 C6 known as the “Tweety Bird” Corvette.
Like a lot of us, Steve has been fallen for the new C7. So with a new Corvette Stingray in the garage, the show car designer set about to transform the White and Red Corvette into a show car in its own right.
Photo Credit: 99 Rorch Red Vette/Corvette Forum
Let me ask you a question.
Did you eat a lot of ice cream with sprinkles when you were a little kid?
Well, now that you’re all grown up and wearing your big-boy britches, you’d better quit eating it because ice cream with sprinkles is just for kids.
If you follow the logic of some folks who apparently believe that a Corvette driver must be under 30 with jet black hair and a 30-inch waistline, then it makes just as much sense to ban anyone over the age of 12 from eating ice cream with sprinkles.
Just a string of coincidences or a guiding hand from above?
Dawn Hughes grew up in a family that loved Corvettes. In fact, for years her dad drove a 1964 Sting Ray convertible that he loved, but he eventually had to sell the car.
But not before he passed on his love of Corvettes to Dawn. In fact, she saved all she could for years to get one of her own. During what turned out to be their last conversation about Corvettes, her dad smiled and said, “I want to be there when you get it.”
Photo Credit: CarNewsChina.com
Chevrolet has long wanted the Corvette to be accepted overseas.
Well, we don’t know if the sale of one yellow Stingray would qualify as cause for celebration in the halls of General Motors, but CarNewsChina.com – which boasts that it features “Everything About Cars in China” – is sharing a photo of such a car in Shanghai submitted by reader Antoine Chalendard.