It was just last week that Chevrolet announced the 2015 Corvette Z06 will make its debut at the 2014 North American International Auto Show in Detroit and now they are confirming that Corvette Racing’s new C7.R will be there as well. The C7.R will be shown in full race livery and then will depart to Florida to take part in the Tudor United SportsCar Racing’s inaugural race at the Rolex 24 of Daytona on January 25-26th.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
Rumors have been going around for months that the C7 Corvette would eventually have an improved automatic transmission.
Based on a technical paper summary previewed on the Web by the Society of Automotive Engineers over the weekend, a new eight-speed automatic will be available for the Stingray, perhaps as early as the 2015 model year.
Get ready for some beautiful sounds when you watch this video of Corvette legend John Heinricy test driving a 2014 Corvette Stingray with the Hennessey HPE600 package.
The last four minutes are pure music to Corvette enthusiasts as Heinricy, who has just been named one of three inductees to the 2014 Corvette Hall of Fame, lets the modified Z51 do the talking as he puts it through the paces on a track outside of Houston, Texas at the Hennessey Performance Group’s facility.
Our friends at Callaway continue to amaze us with the number of projects they have going. After announcing their C7 Aerowagon Shooting Brake and the 570 hp Callaway SS Sedan were greenlighted for 2014, the project we really wanted to know about – the C7 Callaway Corvette – can now be ordered from Callaway dealers.
General Motors is tossing in the towel in Europe for Chevrolet, leaving the market there except for the widely acclaimed Chevrolet Corvette and an expanded presence for Cadillac as its premier brand.
Starting in 2016, GM says it will rely on its Opal and Vauxhall brands to compete in the volume market and that the Corvette and other “select iconic vehicles” will remain available in Western and Eastern Europe as well as Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States.
With the news that Chevrolet will be introducing the 2015 Corvette Z06 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit next month, speculation about the car’s details have ramped up from whispers to a dull roar. Leading the rumor mill over the last two days is this photoshop of a C7 Corvette Z06 which was reportedly done by a Corvette Forum member, as well as a leaked photo allegedly showing the performance car’s new supercharged engine dubbed the LT4.
It’s not everyday you get your latest and greatest total vehicle upgrade package installed, and it just so happened that on our day it decided to snow about 6″. Now, let’s say you have a 650 HP supercharged 2014 Corvette from Pfadt Race Engineering in your garage…would you wait to take it for a spin? Us neither…
Visit CorvetteVideos.TV for the best selection of hand-picked Corvette videos.
Check out this video that shows Chevrolet testing a trio of C7s – two Torch Reds and a Velocity Yellow – on the Navak track in Belgrad, Serbia.
The Stingray has already been tested on the German Autobahn, where it roared to speeds of 300 km/h, in France, Switzerland, and the Netherlands.
A special event for the veterans of the United States Armed Forces brought Corvettes and Vets together for the first annual Vettes for Veterans. This was a very humble show that offered a nice break from the major auto industry shows like the 2013 SEMA show — it almost every way, the Vettes for Veterans show on November 9th was the exact opposite of the major industry auto shows of 2013.