One of the highlights of attending the 12 Hours of Sebring are the seminars put on by the Corvette production team. Corvette’s Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter and Corvette Product Manager Harlan Charles made the trek from Detroit and brought down several Corvettes to show off to the faithful in the Corvette Corral including the new 2013 Corvette 427 Convertible with the 60th Anniversary Package.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
During the rollout out of the C6 in 2005, Chevy introduced just the base coupe and convertible models with the performance-laden Z06 coming a year later in 2006. When Chevrolet introduces the C7 Corvette next year, the speculation is that we’ll initially have just two models to choose from – the standard Coupe and Convertible – while the upgraded Grand Sports, Z06 and ZR1 performance models will arrive at a later date. Now Motor Trend has weighed in with their predictions of just exactly when we can expect to see the various Corvettes appear in C7 form.
NAIAS C7 Reveal
* January 10-13
That’s what WAS listed on the National Corvette Museum’s Preliminary Events Calendar for 2013 last week. The Corvette Blog’s Bill Connell spied that date on the calendar and wrote about the NAIAS C7 reveal last Friday. However, after checking the NCM’s website again this morning, the NAIAS event has been scrubbed from the calendar.
The National Corvette Museum recently posted the following notice on their facebook page about the tour schedule at the Corvette assembly plant in Bowling Green:
All GM Corvette Plant tours will cease on September 14, 2012. The date for tours to resume has yet to be determined. Of course, you can always come visit us at the Museum! We are open daily, 8am-5pm.
Spy photographers have once again caught up with the 2014 C7 Corvette as it’s undergoing cold weather testing in Ontario, Canada. Instead of just pictures, we have video of what appears to be two C7 prototypes testing in the cold and one segment of tape actually captures the exhaust note coming from the engine.
With the introduction of the C7 Corvette coming next year, we’re assuming that the engineering members of the Corvette Team are hard at work with shaking down the new car in a variety of environments. Proving this are these spy photos from our friends at both Jalopnik and Autoblog, who captured two cloaked C7 Corvette prototypes playing in the snow at an unknown location.
Another week, another round of rumors about the development of the next generation C7 Corvette. GM Inside News is saying that the C7 will be an evolution (not revolution) of design from the C6, and that we are to expect a more European-looking design. Not breaking news so far, they did say they were able to confirm that the split rear window will not be on the next-gen Corvette.
An article about the C6 Corvette and the coming C7 redesign hit Bloomberg’s news wire over the weekend and there were some interesting quotes from GM insiders both named and unnamed. Former VP of Product Development Bob Lutz, who helped usher the Corvette ZR1 from pipe dream to Nurburgring terror is back in company’s fold as a consultant and we get to hear his thoughts on the coming next-generation Corvette.