C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
Last Friday we spent the slightly soggy day at Barrett-Jackson to see the auction of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible. While that auction was certainly exciting with Rick Hendrick paying $1 million to buy the first retail version of the next generation convertible, it wasn’t the only Corvette offered on the block that day.
Over the last week, a few more videos showing the 2014 Corvette Stingrays testing on public roads have surfaced on YouTube. We’ve already posted a couple of these to our Facebook page but wanted to share them with our regular blog readers as well. Check out these videos and keep your cell phones and cameras handy because you’ll never now when you might encounter the new Corvette Stingray!
One of the more useful features available on the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible is the operation of the new top. Designers completed remade the top and its operational process, allowing the opening and closing at speeds of up to 30 mph. Drivers also have the ability to operate the top hands free with the new key fob. While at the 2013 Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction, we located GM’s car wrangler to get this shot of the new fob.
The Wall Street Journal takes a look at how it believes the Corvette – perhaps growing irrelevant during its long journey to some people (though certainly not to the legions of enthusiasts who worship the ground it rolls on) – has suddenly become cool again with the introduction of the C7.
WSJ says a strange thing has suddenly happened to Corvette on its 60-year-old trip to irrelevance for some: It became relevant again.
On Friday at 6 pm EST, the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible made its way to the center stage at the 2013 Barrett-Jackson collector car auction in Palm Beach. Up for grabs was the right to buy the very first retail production Corvette Stingray Convertible when it becomes available later this year. In the front row sat Chevy dealer and NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick, who paid $1 million for first Stingray Coupe at Barrett-Jackson’s Scottsdale auction in January.
Just about everything about the upcoming 2014 Corvette Stingray seems to be preceded by the word “first.”
Now here’s yet another part of the seventh generation Corvette that’s leading the way for other cars.
The Corvette’s standard exhaust system will be the first vehicle to use Tenneco’s electrical valve technology for sound tuning to provide a unique signature sound when you drive this exciting beast.
Good news for General Motors and its Bowling Green, Kentucky assembly plant where the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray will be built starting later this year.
Last Thursday, the Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority Board approved tax incentives for several expanding companies, including GM.
Last week we attended the New York Auto Show and were able to see the new 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible. It made its American debut wearing Night Race Blue with the 3LT Brownstone interior. While We were very impressed by the new convertible model and its distinct “Corvette” profile, it was the interior that had us wagging our tongues. If you were impressed by the previous C7 interiors you’ve seen, the 3LT Brownstone redefines the standard of luxury available on the new Corvette.