Over the weekend at Corvettes at Carlisle, select GM engineers in attendance gave a series of quickie seminars (5-10 minutes and then Q&A) at the top of each hour. On Saturday morning, Steve Grilli, Bowling Green Assembly’s Quality Manager spoke and confirmed that retail production for the 2014 Corvette Stingray is underway as well as some other interesting tidbits of Stingray news.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
Count talk-show host Jay Leno and racing icon Rick Hendrick among the growing legion of fans of the 2014 Corvette Stingray.
The two men got a first-hand look at the Stingray this month during an appearance in Marina, Calif., and came away mightily impressed.
One of the highlights of Corvettes at Carlisle is the Saturday evening parade where hundreds of Corvettes make their way from the fairgrounds to downtown Carlisle. Leading the parade was Bill Miller in a classic C1 Convertible while Lance Miller was driving his 2012 Carlisle Blue Corvette ZR1.
Behind them was the GM / Corvette Team reps all driving the new 2014 Corvette Stingrays.
Chevrolet has already unveiled the most fuel-efficient Corvette in history, the 2014 Corvette Stingray with direct injection and cylinder deactivation.
But the automaker may have some more tricks up its sleeves to squeeze even more miles out of every tank of gas going through the Stingray.
We’re beginning to get more of the background behind the changes, controversial to some traditionalists, to the 2014 Corvette Stingray.
The new rear treatment, for example. Had Chevy stuck with the round tail lights that date back to 1963, “research showed that people who were not Corvette loyalists would look at the car, especially the rear end, and they would think the car never changed,” said John Fitzpatrick, Chevrolet’s marketing manager for the redesigned Corvette. “They think it is the same car from 20 years ago.”
Last week at the C7 Corvette Stingray Media Drive event in Monterey, Chevy had an autocross course set up on a concrete tarmac just behind the airplane hanger where the entire event was staged. Three Corvettes, all 7-speed Z51 cars, were on the track. I chose the Torch Red Stingray (because everyone knows that red Corvettes are the fastest).
Last week we shared details of Callaway’s engineers successfully supercharging the first direct injected engine in the Gen 5 family from General Motors. The work that was done included the install of an Eaton TVS Supercharger onto a 2014 5.3L Silverado truck. In addition to the hardware, Callaway’s engineers worked on the calibration with the electronic powertrain management system which includes Direct Injection, Variable Valve Timing and Active Fuel Management.
This work has given Callaway a jump on the competition as it prepares to offer a Callaway-engineered 2014 Corvette Stingray. But not all work is being done under the hood. Callaway has always offered their own hood treatment for the Callaway-tuned Corvettes as the supercharger requires additional headroom. In advance of Corvettes at Carlisle, Callaway is showing a sneak preview of how that new hood will look.
The Woodward Dream Cruise is billed as the largest one-day car event in the world. Each year on the third Saturday in August about 1.5 million people and 40,000 or so collector cars descend on historic Woodward Avenue in metro Detroit. It’s the pinnacle of the annual automotive week of ecstasy we told you about a couple weeks ago.