Velocity’s Americarna wraps up season 1 this Tuesday, March 18th with an episode dedicated to America’s sports car, the Corvette. NASCAR team owner and avid Corvette collector Rick Hendrick will guest host this week’s show while country music superstar Brad Paisley also makes an appearance. This week we even get to see inside Hendrick’s massive car museum.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
You already know about the longstanding complaints regarding the seats in the previous generation Corvette and that new seats were one of the priorities that GM set out to rectify in the new C7 Corvette. Automotive journalists and new owners will most likely agree that the Stingray’s new seats are the best that have ever been put into America’s favorite sports car.
Bloomberg’s Matt Miller went out Detroit where he met with C7 seat designer Shawn Meagher who not only showed him how the new seats were designed but also took him out to Milford’s Proving Grounds for some fun on Black Lake to demonstrate how much more supportive the new seats are.
With the new Corvette Stingray Z51, Chevrolet is not only giving you a world-class sports car for the open road, but a car that has been designed and engineered for the track as well.
While conventional wisdom is that manufacturers don’t want you to race your cars, and may even void your warranty if evidence suggests that you were racing your car at a track event, Chevrolet has taken a different approach by providing an official guide for preparing your Corvette Stingray with the Z51 Performance Package for track events.
Last month we spoke with Corvette Product Manager Harlan Charles about the Corvette Stingray Track Preparation Guide and he told us that following these guidelines will not only help you get the near out of your Z51 Corvette Stingray, it will also help you keep the warranty intact.
Jose Gonzalez isn’t a household name, but his recent efforts at General Motors are being talked about over supper tables all over America these days.
You see, Gonzalez served as the lead designer on the 2015 Corvette Z06 and the Corvette Stingray convertible and as a support designer for the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe.
Detroit Autorama takes place each year in early March. For those of us up here in the snowy Midwest, it’s the first sign that winter may actually be over and that car show season is in the near future. 2014 marked the 62nd edition of the massive indoor custom car show. Thousands of custom, restored, and original cars fill Cobo Hall each year competing for a multitude of awards. Click past the jump to see our gallery of Corvettes for the 2014 Detroit Autorama.
Back in January, GM unveiled the highly anticipated C7 Z06 at the North American International Auto Show. According to the General Motors, the 2015 Corvette Z06 will be “the most track-capable Corvette ever, designed to deliver supercar levels of performance through unique powertrain, chassis and aerodynamic features.” Corvette enthusiasts from around the world have been waiting for the reintroduction of the legendary model and if you want to be the owner of the new Z06, VIN 001, then you need to be in Palm Beach, Florida for the Barrett-Jackson auction that runs April 11th through 13th.