When the 8-speed automatic was first announced for the 2015 Corvette Stingray, most of us saw the main benefit would be an increase in fuel economy and that has come true as the new paddle-shift auto gets an EPA-estimated 29 MPG on the highway But the new automatic is also faster than than the previous 6-speed with a 0-60 mph time at 3.7 seconds.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
We spent last Saturday with over 1 million of our closest friends at the famous Woodward Dream Cruise. The event is billed as the largest one-day car event in the world as 1 – 1.5 million people and 40,000 or so collector cars descend on historic Woodward Avenue in metro Detroit each year on the 3rd Saturday in August.
Production of the 2015 Corvette is already underway but that hasn’t stopped the Corvette Team from announcing even more content for the award winning sports car. One such feature is the Valet Mode with Performance Data Recorder.
The next time you hand your keys over to a valet, you can rest assured knowing that you’re valuables will be secured and your baby will be under the watchful eyes of the Performance Data Recorder when it’s out of your sight.
Thanks to a friend, we have the latest version of the 2015 Corvette Order Guide which now includes all the ordering and package information about the Z06 (except the price!). One of the most interesting specifications we’ve been waiting on is the curb weight of the new super car and now we know. The 2015 Corvette Z06 Coupe will come in at 3,524 lbs while the Z06 Convertible comes in at 3,582 lbs.
If you’ve been following Corvettes for sometime, you are probably aware of the oft-repeated rumor will basically goes like this: The next generation Corvette will feature a mid-engine design. As in the engine goes behind the seats, but in front of the rear axle.
Motor Trend came out yesterday with a “hot scoop” saying they have multiple sources that tell them that Chevrolet is indeed working on the next version of the Corvette ZR1 and that it will be mid-engined. Not only that, but the C8 Corvette will also feature a mid-engine design as well.
We’ve seen this time and again, so what makes this time any different than previous mid-engine design rumors?
On Wednesday we participated in yet another edition of the annual Corvettes on Woodward charity food drive. Hundreds of Corvettes gathered to support the Open Hands Food Pantry in Royal Oak, MI. Each year the get together takes place on the Wednesday night prior to the Woodward Dream Cruise and has developed into the main event in what is now a 3-day celebration of Corvette and cars in general.
Although the annual Woodward Dream Cruise doesn’t officially start until Saturday, that hasn’t stopped Corvette fans from hitting the historic avenue a bit early.
Detroit’s Fox 2 reporter Amy Andrews interviewed Indy car driver and this year’s winner of the Detroit Grand Prix Helio Castroneves, who was driving an Arctic White 2014 Corvette Stingray with black racing stripes down Woodward Avenue this morning at 7:30 am.
The Arctic White Callaway which made its debut at the Bash was the first to be built and Callaway’s reps told us back then that they already had around 50 orders from customers wanting to upgrade their Corvette Stingrays with the supercharged Callaway SC627 package.
Callaway’s Chris Chessnoe posted these photos yesterday on the Corvette Forum of a brand new Laguna Blue Corvette Callaway SC627 Convertible that will soon be on its way to its new owner, who happens to be a woman named Janet.
Don’t ask because we don’t know.
But that doesn’t mean we can’t lament the passing of another Corvette Stingray.