Detroit Autorama takes place each year in early March. For those of us up here in the snowy Midwest, it’s the first sign that winter may actually be over and that car show season is in the near future. 2014 marked the 62nd edition of the massive indoor custom car show. Thousands of custom, restored, and original cars fill Cobo Hall each year competing for a multitude of awards. Click past the jump to see our gallery of Corvettes for the 2014 Detroit Autorama.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
Back in January, GM unveiled the highly anticipated C7 Z06 at the North American International Auto Show. According to the General Motors, the 2015 Corvette Z06 will be “the most track-capable Corvette ever, designed to deliver supercar levels of performance through unique powertrain, chassis and aerodynamic features.” Corvette enthusiasts from around the world have been waiting for the reintroduction of the legendary model and if you want to be the owner of the new Z06, VIN 001, then you need to be in Palm Beach, Florida for the Barrett-Jackson auction that runs April 11th through 13th.
General Motors released the monthly sales figures this morning for February 2014. The reports shows that sales of the Corvette Stingray are up 148% over last February with deliveries totaling 2,438 vs 980 in February 2013. We also see that the 2,438 Corvettes delivered in February 2014 was an increase of 7.8% over January 2014′s sales of 2,261 Corvettes. For the calendar year (January-February 2014), Corvette sales are up 148.9% with 4,699 delivered this year compared to 2013 sales of 1,888.
Here’s the official auto show presentation of the 2015 Corvette Z06 from the Chicago Auto Show.
This is a firsthand look at highly anticipated 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. The supercharged engine is a Gen 5 6.2L LT4 V8 that puts out a staggering 625+ horsepower and 635 pound-feet of torque.
Visit CorvetteVideos.TV for the best selection of hand-picked Corvette videos.
Last week and into the early part of this week, we had the unique opportunity to host a seven day test drive of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible. One of the benefits of living in Florida is the beautiful weather we have this time of year and so we put the Lime Rock Green Convertible’s top down and never looked back.
New Bright Toys has always been known for its highly detailed cars. Over the years, the designs have gotten more and more thorough. An example of this is how the Corvette Stingray has evolved from the 1963 model to the 2014 model. In 1986, New Bright Toys released the 1963 Corvette Stingray.
Three (wet) hill climbs.
No driver aids allowed.