Germany’s famous Nurburging. 13 miles of ups, downs, twists, and turns affectionately referred to as the Green Hell. Over the last decade automakers have used ‘Ring lap times as a means to define the performance of their latest creations. Back in 2011 Corvette test driver Jim Mero lapped the Nordschleife (“North Course”) in 7:19.63 in a C6 ZR1. But what will the new 2015 Z06′s lap time be?
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
We’ve always thought the seventh-generation Corvette Stingray looked like a Batmobile.
Now we know one reason why.
General Motors says remnants of an adhesive used to join body panels of the 2015 Stingray can be reused to help save an embattled bat species in North America.
Photo Credit: Autoblog/AOL
Autoblog’s editors have been busy checking out the latest technologies in this year’s batch of cars and trucks and have narrowed down the list to 14 finalists for its annual Technology of the Year award. One of those 14 finalists is the 2015 Corvette Stingray which made list with its new Peformance Data Recorder with Valet Mode.
Photo Credit: Car and Driver
We told you a few weeks ago about the 2014 Corvette Stingray’s performance in Car and Driver’s 2014 Lightning Lap competition.
But now you can actually see a video that offers a sweet look at what it’s like to ride in the passenger seat of the hot new Stingray.
Simply put, the sound of the Corvette’s 6.2-liter V8 is music to our ears as it runs against the clock at Virginia International Raceway.
I will never get tired of hearing the exhaust note of a 2015 Corvette Z06 on a track. The fact that it’s tracking the Nurburgring is the icing on the cake.
More of the 2015 Corvette Z06 at the Nurburgring. The original poster of this video claims the car is equipped with an F1 Gearbox but it’s most likely the new 8-Speed Automatic as has been previously claimed.
Visit CorvetteVideos.TV for the best selection of hand-picked Corvette videos.
The seventh-generation Corvette Stingray continues to attract attention from around the world.
The latest company to jump aboard the Stingray bandwagon has created a limited edition car it calls the AERO Edition C7 Corvette.
A company out of Luxembourg, ABBES Design, created the unique Stingray, which was built by MRT Engineered Performance and will be shown at the 2014 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
While we were in Bowling Green in late August for the National Corvette Museum Corvette Caravan, my son Chris and I enjoyed touring the factory for probably the fifth or sixth time since 1997.
We didn’t realize it at the time, but we were actually watching some of the 2015 Stingrays being assembled that are now being recalled by Chevrolet for two separate problems.
Every year Autocar Magazine gathers an eclectic collection of vehicles that are available in Britain and puts them through three days of testing on the road and on the track to determine Britain’s Best Driver’s Car. This year’s contest was based at the racetrack at Castle Combe, Chippenham, which, in addition to the track, was in easy reach of several ‘decent’ roads. In their words, ‘And by decent, we of course mean poorly surfaced and badly cambered as only the finest British roads can be.’
One of the hallmarks of the new 2015 Corvette Z06 and the C7.R Corvette race car is that they were developed together utilizing the lessons learned from the C6 Corvette and the C6.R race car.
In a new video by Chevrolet, Corvette Racing driver Tommy Milner and Corvette’s Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter talk about the transfer of technology from the racing program to the production Corvette.