Friday night at the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction in Scottsdale, Arizona, the first retail 2015 Corvette Z06 Convertible wearing VIN 001 was auctioned for charity. Surprising nobody, the winner of the auction was Chevrolet dealer and NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick who paid $800,000 for the black and red Z06 droptop.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
If you want your new C7 Corvette Stingray to speak with a German accent, German tuner Prior Design GmbH may have what you are looking for. They recently revealed their latest Corvette aerobody creation, the PDR700, a widebody kit featuring a new front bumper, spoiler and cupwings; rear diffuser; side skirts; front fenders; and rear fender flares that take the look of the C7 to aggressive new levels.
Texas-based tuner Hennessey Performance has been busy tweeking the new C7 Corvette Stingray over the last year with various packages designed to increase performance of the new sports car. Now that the 2015 model is out, Hennessey recently showed off the performance characteristics of its supercharged HPE700 package on a Corvette Stingray equipped with the new potent 8-speed automatic transmission.
For years, Cadillac has been trying to make a name for itself as a luxury performance carmaker.
Most enthusiasts would say they’ve done a very good job of it with cars like the CTS and ATS.
Soon, though, it appears that Cadillac’s racy resume will be even more impressive as it will be able to boast of having the fastest car in the entire General Motors fleet.
Jalopnik opened up their website on Monday to host a question and answer session with Corvette’s Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter during the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. I missed the live version which was probably a good thing as the trolls were a plenty, but Tadge seemed to make the best of it and occasionally he trolled the trolls right back.
But in all that back and forth banter, Tadge offered some pretty interesting answers to some decent questions ranging from why the Z06 isn’t naturally aspirated to the recent Zora ZR1 prototype spy pics, Ford’s new GT sports car and the Nurburgring time for the Z06.
For the second consecutive year, the Chevrolet Corvette has made Edmunds.com most popular list which based on searches during the first 10 months of 2014. Joining the Corvette in the honor are six other Chevrolets including the Impala, Camaro, Traverse, Tahoe, Colorado and the Silverado 1500.
Taking delivery of a new Corvette Stingray through the National Corvette Museum’s R8C Delivery Program can be a very memorable experience. We’ve seen grown men act like kids in a candy shop as they are handed the keys to their new rides. And speaking of kids, the Museum just hosted one of the cutest new Corvette deliveries we’ve seen that is guaranteed to turn a kid into a Corvette fan for life.
We Corvette enthusiasts are passionate about our cars.
That leads some of us to pay extra to pick up our new Corvette at the National Corvette Museum, and still others of us to open our wallets even wider and pay to actually see our very own new Corvette being put together at the assembly plant in Bowling Green.
Now some owners will be able to take it to the next level and actually build the engine that will reside under the hood of their 2015 Z06!