General Motors released their monthly figures this morning for January’s new car deliveries which showed 2,261 Corvettes were sold. In direct comparison, only 908 new Corvettes were sold in January 2013. The January 2014 figure is the lowest number of Corvettes delivered since last September when the new C7 Corvettes started shipping and the dip in sales is most likely a combination of the plant being closed for the holidays as well as the winter weather that covered much of the United States last month.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
One of the coolest prizes in all of sports is the awarding of a Corvette for being MVP. Over the last few years, Corvettes have been given to Super Bowl MVPs Eli Manning and Joe Flacco, as well as baseball’s Mariano Rivera who won Major League Baseball’s All Star MVP last July.
But sadly, no Corvette will be offered this year to the Super Bowl MVP. Instead, Chevrolet has officially confirmed to us that they will be offering the games most valuable player a new Silverado High Country pick up truck.
Photo Credit: DigitalDtour.com
The Corvette Stingray has been in production since August 2013 and thousands of new C7s have already found their way to customers. At the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona, Corvette Product Manager Harlan Charles was asked about providing some production stats for the new Stingray and he happily obliged.
Remember the character Harvey Dent in the 2008 movie The Dark Knight? He’s the guy who had half of his face was mangled after The Joker blew up the building in which Dent was being held captive. From one side his injuries were not noticeable, but the other side of his face told a different story. This damaged 2014 Corvette Stingray reminded us of The Dark Knight when we stumbled across it on eBay. The passenger side looks fine, but the driver’s side shows some battle scars.
Photo Credit: Edmunds.com
Maybe this is what the boss has to say when your competition is smashing you in the sales – and critical reviews – departments.
“We’ve never tried to be Corvette. We never will be. We’re handmade. It takes 18 hours to paint the stripe on a Viper. We color sand the entire car, inside and outside. All the panels are beautifully finished. We’re trying to build a custom show car that you can own. This is not a disposable device here.”
GM shares a firsthand look at the interior and technology in the new Corvette Z06 from Ryan Vaughan, design manager for performance car interiors.
Here is another featured race from the StreetCarDrags.com event at Palm Beach International Raceway this past weekend. We’ve got a 2013 Tesla Model S P85 running heads up against the brand new 2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Z51 with the 6 speed automatic transmission.
While the cars are pretty even for the first 1/8 mile with both trapping 90 MPH, the Corvette starts to pull away on the back half of the track, it all comes down to the launch and reaction time to determine who wins.
Visit CorvetteVideos.TV for the best selection of hand-picked Corvette videos.
One of my all time favorite annual Corvette events is the NCRS Winter Regional in Kissimmee, Florida. While I love doing the stories and coverage of the new C7 Corvette Stingray and Z06, there’s just something about walking through a field literately strewn with used Corvette parts and accessories for every generation but the C7.