If you love the Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition, your last chance to win a Premiere Edition convertible is coming up on Thursday, July 10, 2014. The last 2014 Premiere Edition convertible built, Lime Rock Green with a Kalahari convertible top, will be raffled off by the National Corvette Museum.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
While the 2014 Callaway Corvette won’t exceed the 650 horsepower of the 2015 Z06, Callaway engineers have nevertheless managed to bump their final figure to a very impressive 627 hp, up some 167 hp over the base Stingray.
Callaway Cars announced the figures this week after extensive vehicle testing and validation by its engineers, who also rated peak torque at 610 lb-ft at 4400 rpm, 145 lb-ft more than the stock LT1 produces.
We’ve all seen that famous video where a Corvette Z06 overtakes a car on the autobahn at 200 mph. It looks like these guys down in “Mexico” attempted to recreate the scene to see how a 200 mph fly-by from a Corvette ZR1 would look to another car doing the speed limit down the highway.
One of our favorite things to do at the major Corvette shows is to walk both the show grounds and parking lots to look at the fun, witty and personality-descriptive vanity license plates that are adorned on America’s favorite sports cars.
We maintain the theory that there are two types of vanity plates. The first type describes the car while the second type is more focused on the owner. Lucky for us, Bloomington Gold offers a target rich environment where both types are on display.
We’ve featured a couple videos now from the XCAR automotive video channel. Here is Drew from XCAR taking a few laps around the 24 Hours of Le Mans in a new Corvette Stingray the morning before the 24 hour race. This is one of the fastest “parade laps” we’ve seen yet for the Stingray and Drew just can’t believe his lucky stars to be driving the circuit de la Sarthe.
Drew from XCAR gets to drive a few laps of Circuit de la Sarthe before the start of the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans in a 2014 Corvette Stingray.
Visit CorvetteVideos.TV for the best selection of hand-picked Corvette videos.
One of the hottest designs to come out of the 2013 SEMA Show was the Forgiato widebody Corvette Stingray. While previous SEMA shows have featured redesigned or rebodied Corvettes as show cars or pre-production concepts, the Forgiato widebody seems to have real staying power as more individuals are emulating the design with their own cars.
Previous Forgiato C7 widebodys have been featured in some rather unique exterior colors like Aston Martin Blue and Tangelo Orange, but we found this Forgiato Stingray on eBay painted in one of the factory colors – Arctic White.
There’s little doubt that today’s Corvette is much stronger and safer than previous generations. Like most modern cars, the Corvette Stingray has predetermined crumple zones that absorb the energy of an impact while the cockpit’s front and side airbags deploy to help protect the driver. And after all that happens, OnStar is there to call emergency services as soon as a crash is detected.
It’s the first of the month and that means its sales reporting time for the major auto manufacturers.
General Motors sales report for June 2014 shows 2,723 Corvettes were sold during the month. That’s 219.2% higher than the 853 Corvettes sold during the same month in 2013. June’s Corvette sales lagged approximately 605 units behind the 3,328 Corvettes sold in May 2014 for a decrease of -18.2% between the two months.
The 2014 edition of The Granddaddy of all Corvette shows, Bloomington Gold, took place last weekend in Champaign, Illinois. This year was the show’s the second year on the University of Illinois campus in Champaign. Our super fantastic photo gallery from the event awaits you after the break.