Here is the video from the North American International Auto Show in Detroit on Monday when the Corvette Stingray was named the 2014 North American Car of the Year. CorvetteBlogger spoke to members of the Corvette Team following the awards ceremony for their reactions.
C7 Corvette News, Spy Photos, Rumors and More
The C7 Corvette Stingray is the next generation sports car from Chevrolet. Powered by the all new small block LT1 V8 which produces 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque or 460 hp and 465 lb-ft torque with the optional performance exhaust. Here is a list of links for everything you need to know about the C7 Corvette:
Introductions – Auto Shows
- The Legend Returns – Introducing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Watch the Live Reveal of the 2014 C7 Corvette
- [PICS] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Revealed
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Press Conference at the NAIAS
- Introducing the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- [VIDEO] Chevrolet Shows Off Its Performance Cars Lineup at the New York Auto Show
- [VIDEO] The Reveal of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition at the Corvette Museum
Performance – Specs
- [VIDEO] The 2014 Corvette Stingray Seminar from the NCM Bash
- Official: 2014 Corvette Stingray Cranks Out 460 Horsepower!
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Performance Estimates Revealed
- It’s Official! 2014 Corvette Stingray Gets an EPA Estimated 29 mpg Highway
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s 6-Speed Automatic is Rated 16/28 MPG by the EPA
Pricing – Options – Sales
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray Will Start at $51,995
- Chevrolet Prices the Corvette Stingray for Europe at €69,990
- Chevrolet Prices the 2014 Corvette Stingray in Canada at $52,745
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide Updates
- Chevrolet Details Limited Production Options for Customizing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Official 2014 Corvette Stingray Configurator is Now Online
- Kerbeck Now Taking Orders for the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- Questions about Ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray? Contact National Corvette Seller Mike Furman
- CorvetteBlogger Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autocrossing the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Edmunds Drives the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] Autoweek Drives the 2014 Corvette Stingray
- [VIDEO] 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 48 Hours with the C7 in Detroit
- [VIDEO] Motor Trend Tests the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
- [VIDEO] Car and Driver Does First Burnout in the 2014 Corvette Stingray
C7s in the News
- [VIDEO] Watch the 2014 Corvette Stingrays Get Built in Bowling Green
- [VIDEO] 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28 Testing on the Nurburgring
- [PIC] 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Crashes in Arizona
- [ACCIDENT] 2014 Corvette Stingray Hit By A Lincoln Town Car
- [PICS] First Retail 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Sells at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach for $1 Million
Below you’ll find our latest C7 Corvette Stories listed by date posted.
DtRockstar1 captures some footage of the all new 2015 C7 Corvette Z06 idling and driving down the floor at the 2014 North American International Auto Show, or NAIAS. This car is so badass, I like it even better than the base model.
Visit CorvetteVideos.TV for the best selection of hand-picked Corvette videos.
Chevrolet has turned to using “little spies” to make sure the engines going into the 2014 Corvette Stingray and 2014 Silverado are up to par.
Basically, as the engines go through the various stages of building at General Motors’ Tonawanda, New York facility, the process is being documented through an RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) data bolt that has been installed on each engine block and engine head.
The 2014 Corvette Stingray continues to leave the competition in its rearview mirror, even in Canada.
After exhaustive testing by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada, the Stingray emerged as the “Best new Sports / Performance” car in the annual Canadian Car of the Year awards – leading the runner-up by some eight points.
On display at the 2014 North American Auto Show, this 2015 Corvette Z06 that we thought was Cyber Gray turns out to be a new color for 2015. It wasn’t something that jumped out at us until this morning when the show cars were repositioned and the new 2015 Z06 was side-by-side with a 2014 Cyber Gray Corvette Stingray.
Silverado named North American Truck of the Year
For the first time since 2007, General Motors has won both the car and truck of the year awards at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
It was a clean sweep for Chevrolet as the new Stingray was named Car of the Year while the new Silverado was chosen Truck of the Year.
Z06. One letter and two numbers that symbolize a higher level of Corvette performance.
Fifty-one years after the first Z06 Corvette was born, the option package lives on with the 2015 Corvette. Over the years there’s been an RPO Z06 in 4 of the 7 Corvette generations. Click past the jump to take a look at the significance of the Z06 moniker – past and present.
This morning the all new Corvette C7.R race car was introduced to the public alongside the street version of the 2015 Corvette Z06 at the 2014 North American International Auto Show.
A new era of Corvette performance was introduced this morning at the 2014 North American International Auto Show. The 2015 Corvette Z06 finally broke cover and made its public debut in front of eager automotive journalists while thousands of Corvette enthusiasts watched the unveiling live online.
This isn’t just another Corvette from Chevrolet. This is a world-class supercar with a race proven aerodynamic design and advanced technologies that makes it the most track-capable Corvette in history.
The 2014 Corvette Stingray is one of the 3 finalists for the highly touted 2014 North American Car of the Year Award (NACOTY). It’s joined in the final round of voting by the Mazda3 and its GM sibling, the Cadillac CTS.