This SlideShowPro photo gallery requires the Flash Player plugin and a web browser with JavaScript enabled.

Parked C6 Corvette Sparks Garage Fire in Houston

by Mitch Talley on July 22, 2014

Parked C6 Corvette Sparks Garage Fire in Houston

The good news about this Corvette garage fire is that no one was injured and firefighters managed to save the rest of the house from going up in flames, too.

The bad news is that the C6 ‘Vette is apparently going to need some serious restoration after being “heavily involved” in the garage fire, according to Senior Captain Charles Martin of the Houston (Texas) Fire Department.

Firefighters believe an electrical issue is responsible for starting the fire in the garage that was attached to a southeast Houston home on Friday night.

The homeowner noticed something wasn’t right when he was driving the car earlier, he told firefighters.

“There was a mechanical issue we believe, based on talking to” the owner of the Corvette, Captain Martin said.

Fortunately, firefighters, who arrived at the Jean Street home about 9:30 p.m., answered the call soon enough to keep the blaze from spreading to the rest of the house, or this story could have been much worse.


Source:
click2houston.com

Related:
[VIDEO] Firefighters Save Man’s Prized 1970 Corvette from a House Fire
Arsonist Torches a C5 Corvette in Tennessee
1962 Corvette Treasured for Four Decades by Owner Lost in Garage Fire

 

Advertise with us

Previous post:

Next post: