Daytona Sunset Orange Stingray Photoshop by Maedra on the StingrayForums.com
While we’ve already detailed many of the changes coming for the 2015 Corvette Stingray and the emergence of the all new 2015 Z06, the 2015 Corvette Order Guide [download the PDF] still has a few surprises.
Of course the big news for the 2015 Stingray is the new eight-speed automatic transmission which should help push the sports car’s highway mpg numbers to 30+ according to some estimates. The new gearbox will come with a 2.41 limited-slip differential as well.
There will be two “Design Package” Corvettes available, the Atlantic Convertible (RPO ATI) and the Pacific Coupe (RPO PFI). These are “check-one-box” packages with all the goodies to either set up the car as a luxury convertible or performance coupe. The surprise option we mentioned is RPO ZF1, an appearance package designed to make a base Stingray look like one equipped with the Z51 performance package. The ZF1 comes with the 19″/20″ alloy wheels and a full-width body color spoiler.
Chevrolet is also rolling out two new colors for 2015, Shark Gray Metallic (RPO G1B) and Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic (RPO G1H). Also new is the Carbon Fiber Ground Effects Package (RPO CFZ). These are the same front splitter and rocker panels found on the Pacific Design Package but keep in mind that these are only painted carbon fiber and are not actually made from the lightweight material.
Finally, two other changes worth mentioning is that two previous options have now been combined into packages which should help buyers save a few bucks. The Performance Exhaust (RPO NPP) is now included with the Z51 Performance Package and the Suede Upper Level Interior Trim Package (RPO IWE) is now included on 3LT interiors.
Here’s the list of expected changes for the 2015 Corvette Stingray
- (G7J) Lime Rock Green Metallic exterior color
- (GBV) Cyber Gray Metallic exterior color
- (MYC) 6-speed paddle shift automatic transmission
- (GM8) 2.56 rear axle ratio
- (G1B) Shark Gray Metallic exterior color
- (G1H) Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic exterior color (extra cost)
- (M5U) 8-speed paddle shift automatic transmission with automatic modes
- (VV4) OnStar with 4G LTE
- (UQT) Performance data and video recorder
- (EYK) Chrome Badge Package
- (EYT) Carbon Flash Badge Package
- (CFZ) Carbon Fiber Ground Effects Package – Carbon Fiber-painted
- (QCC) 19″ front and 20* rear Black machined aluminum wheels
- (WC1) 1816 front and 19″ rear 5-spoke, Black aluminum wheels
- (RPK) 18″ front and 19″ rear Black machined aluminum wheels
- (PFI) Pacific Design Package for Stingray Coupe with Z51 on 2LT and 3LT (late availability)
- (ATI) Atlantic Design Package for Stingray Convertible with Z51 on 2LT and 3LT (late availability)
- (ZF1) ZF1 Appearance Package for Stingray without Z51, includes 19″ front and 20″ rear wheels and tires and body-color Z51-style rear spoiler
- (E57) Carbon Fiber tonneau inserts for Convertible
- (WA8) Clear protective film
- (GXB) 2.41 rear axle ratio
- (SDN) Black and Silver Custom Valve Stem Package, LPO
- (VTB) Rear fascia protector, LPO
- Chevrolet MyLink audio system with 8″ diagonal Color Touch screen display RPO code changes to (105)
- Chevrolet MyLink audio system with Navigation RPO code changes to (106)
- (IWE) Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package is now included on 3LT
- (NPP) Performance exhaust is now included with the Z51 Performance Package
Click here to download the 2015 Corvette Order Guide [PDF]. Although the Guide was made available on a GM website last week, Chevrolet’s Monte Doran tells us that they expect to make few more edits before its officially released.
[VIDEO] What’s New for the 2015 Corvette
[VIDEO] The Corvette Z06 and C7.R Design Seminar from the 2014 NCM Bash
New Atlantic and Pacific Corvette Design Packages Offered on 2015 Stingray Models